Finally got the perfect day!

48dodge

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
48dodge
After fighting the weather since day 1 of my training I got an absolutely perfect day to fly. The wind sock didn't move once the entire session. About 10kts aloft but it was smooth as glass. 2 quick landings with the CFI neither one perfect but he hopped out and said go practice. So I redeemed myself with 4 nice landings. Feels good to have his confidence. I did one normal and 3soft field take offs. Had so much fun and it was just pattern work! Didn't want to come in but we started with just over 20 gallons of fuel so I didn't have much choice

Any day. You can go flying ,even in the pattern is a good day. Enjoy

Yeah, waiting for that perfect day to solo can be an irritating exercise in patience.

Congrats.

Don't these planes fly better with empty right seats? It's amazing how much an instructor's fat butt slows them down.

I've soloed a couple times before but this is the first day of dead calm. Probably the last for a long time. My CFI said if he had known it was going to be that nice he probably would have cancelled my lesson so he could go fly, hehe.

Good for you! Sounds like a fun.

I've had a ridiculous run of life/work/sickness/wx getting in the way lately. At this point, a trip around the pattern for me would be awesome! I've only flown twice in the last two months and damn, I really miss it.

I stated in another thread that it had been a month and a half since my last flight before last week. My first landing was extremely stressful. Plane went into its 100hr with needed minor repairs and wx on both side of the inspection was really bad. I really hope I don't have to take that much time off again. I feel like I'm just now after 3 times out back to the level I was before taking time off. Only difference today is soloing didn't induce any stress.

Back