Finally Did It!

AWACSEng

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Bill
Yep, that's right. After delays and excuses, I finally made my first flight. A 1.1 from EDF to the practise area, a crash and dash by the instructor at Goose Bay, and a full stop back at EDF. Was a little bumpy with stiff surface winds. Overall not a bad day and I can't wait for lesson number 2.

Congrats! I just had my first lesson a few days ago, and it's a great feeling. I'm also looking forward to lesson #2 and beyond!

It's great, isn't it?!?! Congrats, and welcome to the world of flying. I'm an infant in that area, myself.

Well i will say Congrats to all 3 of you. I remember my first lesson and it is a GREAT Feeling. When the fun really begins is when you take that First Solo flight and you realize " I Can Do This And I Am". Well good luck and FLY SAFE.
Dave G.
1st Lesson 11/07/1998
PPL 4/19/2000

Bought my own plane PA28-161 Warrior 3/07/2003
Total time 320.2 hours as of 5/02/2008

Last edited:
Just finished lesson 5. I have a total of 7.2 in the books. 17 landings at 3 different fields. Today was my first venture to an uncontrolled field. It was a bit busier than the home drome, but I got the hang of it after a few trips around. My instructor introduced some EP procedures as well. Did my first power off approach to a go arround. I was pretty high, but my instructor said I would have been fine with a slip or some flaps. All in all not a bad intro. I've got the hang of keeping the airplane coordinated during stalls. They are much less violent that way. Steep turns are a blast. I did them visually yesterday and under the hood today. Overall I am having a blast and I can't wait to keep learning.

Sweeeet! At 7 hours or so, I was struggling with landings...how is that coming for you? I don't know if you are listening to the podcast...but if not, I just solo'd last week. I'm telling you...it just keeps getting better and better. Keep it up.

My instructor says the landings are fine, but the approach is what needs work. I have a tendency to delay the decent when turning base and it puts me high, so I correct and end up fast. Just a bit more tweaking and he says I should be good.

Back