Finally, after 9 years....

121Dispatch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FltPlanner
After a status update phone call to OKC this morning, I receieved a call back letting me know my medical paperwork has been cleared and a certificate has been issued.
Nine years ago I had a brain tumor that was successfully removed...this was just as I had begun working on my instrument rating. During the time I was without medical, I stumbled across the Aircraft Dispatcher rating, and was able to get a job with a 121 carrier planning flights, reviewing wx, picking alternates, etc. In 7 years, I have leared the ins and outs of an airline operation, ridden in the jumpseat several times as per the regs, and had several hours in the sim. Now it's time to get back in the plane and finish up my training.
Special thanks to Dr Bruce for the contact that certainly helped with this favorable decision.
:goofy:

121Dispatch said:
After a status update phone call to OKC this morning, I receieved a call back letting me know my medical paperwork has been cleared and a certificate has been issued.
Nine years ago I had a brain tumor that was successfully removed...this was just as I had begun working on my instrument rating.

You have phenomenal perseverance. Congratulations and best of luck to you.

121Dispatch said:
Special thanks to Dr Bruce for the contact that certainly helped with this favorable decision.
:goofy:

He's a great guy, for sure.

Congratulations to you!

Good on 'ya! Don't know that I would have that sort of determination. 9 years is a long time. Get back up, get current, punch some big holes in the sky, and start your IR. You sure as heck have earned all of the above.

Jim G

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back