Final Stage check this friday.

Legiox

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
RatherBflying
My instructor just told me it will be 1 1/2hr of oral and 1 1/2 hr of flight with the head boss at our flight school. Man this is going to be tough! They say they make it extra hard on final stage check so "hopefully" FAA check will go smoothly. Heres to wishing!:D

Best i better get to studying.

You will do fine your instructor would not send you to the head boss if he didn't think you could do it.

Not to scare you but my worst flight ever was my simulated check ride. Still passed the real one on the first shot. I liked how my school made the simulated checkride really tough because it made the real one seem easier.

Not to scare you but my worst flight ever was my simulated check ride. Still passed the real one on the first shot. I liked how my school made the simulated checkride really tough because it made the real one seem easier.

That's what my school does. We have an ex-DPE on staff who does the final checks before checkrides. Apparently nobody he's ever recommended for a checkride hasn't passed on the first try.

Nothing like a scary mock checkride to make you get all your nervous nellies out. This way you study like crazy because you're scared and the real thing turns out to be a breeze.

Good luck.

My DPE told me to fly like I am on a scenic flight with my wife. He was pretty quiet throughout the ride. I did end up busting on Turn around a Point, but the wind was overpowering. Retake was cake.

As long as you can do all PTS maneuvers, you should be ok. I would call my ride pretty easy, actually.

Good luck.

My DPE told me to fly like I am on a scenic flight with my wife. He was pretty quiet throughout the ride. I did end up busting on Turn around a Point, but the wind was overpowering. Retake was cake.

As long as you can do all PTS maneuvers, you should be ok. I would call my ride pretty easy, actually.

Some might consider that more scary than flying with an examiner.

Good luck.

I would call just about any checkride out there easy if you're ready for it. The hard part is learning the stuff so you can pass and be safe after you pass :D. My hardest checkride was my CFI and even that wasn't all that bad.

Back