Final Call -- You're invited to the 13th Annual H.O.P.S. Party in the North 40

Jay ...

Do you know if anybody got a pix of me trying to wave the airshow warbirds into HOPS with the beer bottles for flags?

I'm putting white flashing LEDs into the beer bottles as we speak; that ought to get somebody's attention next year. (I sprayed plastic seal over the labels so they ought to hold up for ten years or so.)

Jim
lol! I think we were all too busy following you up to the flight line to be taking pix!

You did prove that, however, with the right motivation, pilots CAN be led. All it took was beer and warbirds!

So, I take it we are making plans for a repeat performance in '16? :)

So, I take it we are making plans for a repeat performance in '16? :)

Well, Cyndi's not all that enthused about aircraft (yet) and I'm not all that enthused about hiking mountains (yet) but Rocky Mtn. National Park is about halfway between Grass Valley and Oshkosh. What I'm going to try to do is say we'll spend three days in the Rockies, three days at Oshkosh, and then (begrudgingly) another three days loading up yet ANOTHER u-haul trailer and pulling the guts out of the Subaru motor once again with a ton of Kansas City "priceless possessions" up over the Continental Divide back home.

I'm also considering a run for another political office next Fall and that may bend plans a little. Trust me, you think AVIATION gets into your blood, try politics.

Jim

Last edited:
Well, Cyndi's not all that enthused about aircraft (yet) and I'm not all that enthused about hiking mountains (yet) but Rocky Mtn. National Park is about halfway between Grass Valley and Oshkosh. What I'm going to try to do is say we'll spend three days in the Rockies, three days at Oshkosh, and then (begrudgingly) another three days loading up yet ANOTHER u-haul trailer and pulling the guts out of the Subaru motor once again with a ton of Kansas City "priceless possessions" up over the Continental Divide back home.

I'm also considering a run for another political office next Fall and that may bend plans a little. Trust me, you think AVIATION gets into your blood, try politics.

Jim
I give Rocky Mountain National Park a big thumbs up. I haven't been there since the 80s, but I bet it's still the same -- and it was wonderful.

Politics? The mere fact that you desire the office disqualifies you from holding it. lol

Every time I attend a city council meeting, or airport board meeting, I end up thanking my lucky stars that I don't have to put up with such BS. I would be in jail, or dead, if I had to work in that situation on a regular basis.

Not because of citizen input, BTW. The People are just fine, and their griping is usually heartfelt and sincere. I would happily deal with that, all day long. But the insufferable government employees that you, as an elected official, purportedly "control" (but who, in fact, control and ridicule elected officials behind their backs)? No way could I abide them.

I'm glad there are people who can, however. I'd vote for you! :)

Better late than never:
U-pmvFYtQ_37kBxPsSBbU1-_hJBmQKIFAOlZpPdYO3g=w1263-h839-no

And more:
Everyone's favorite Geico
lpwO9niY1b7PkELB13-P1ElZR3WM5h4bQBguDZ6f8kk=w347-h522-no

Someone from whom I need to buy some cleaning supplies:
PoZSA9IwsZZxvWuDHppFhbYp37K6-Stkqjdmw6apEbU=w347-h522-no

Dana, One of POA's master brewers:
iBYoDxvYN0ENlix5Pj8oSVTibMmyMxg9sxgQ-c8Lt18=w347-h522-no

Brocklepeople:
mZY_0n2eqxuslYFVVZlJbicFA3fQj3FaWXcRz65evho=w347-h522-no

The dark side of one of the Rons:
G8jhaMSnajtVfIZ8I_5ZtkNlUB67QYVgDvvy_gmXJho=w347-h522-no

The Masters and Commanders of Camp Bacon:
QQzQeKIyShyvMIkGi4JFIy8RfJCJ6MMUWQobQ8_kJfg=w347-h522-no

Frank and that gal he came with:
3B-OnIUI8pnsQB-Zvk7osz5KbriMofGZDPWXanv3BUw=w786-h522-no

(its Jeff, but I think he'll get the joke)

And our wonderful hosts:
BdzHqQMNUsuus7noez9tZGHWdtnf3fwlGjC1OBOsVUY=w347-h522-no

And more:
Everyone's favorite Geico
lpwO9niY1b7PkELB13-P1ElZR3WM5h4bQBguDZ6f8kk=w347-h522-no

Someone from whom I need to buy some cleaning supplies:
PoZSA9IwsZZxvWuDHppFhbYp37K6-Stkqjdmw6apEbU=w347-h522-no

Dana, One of POA's master brewers:
iBYoDxvYN0ENlix5Pj8oSVTibMmyMxg9sxgQ-c8Lt18=w347-h522-no

Brocklepeople:
mZY_0n2eqxuslYFVVZlJbicFA3fQj3FaWXcRz65evho=w347-h522-no

The dark side of one of the Rons:
G8jhaMSnajtVfIZ8I_5ZtkNlUB67QYVgDvvy_gmXJho=w347-h522-no

The Masters and Commanders of Camp Bacon:
QQzQeKIyShyvMIkGi4JFIy8RfJCJ6MMUWQobQ8_kJfg=w347-h522-no

Frank and that gal he came with:
3B-OnIUI8pnsQB-Zvk7osz5KbriMofGZDPWXanv3BUw=w786-h522-no

(its Jeff, but I think he'll get the joke)

And our wonderful hosts:
BdzHqQMNUsuus7noez9tZGHWdtnf3fwlGjC1OBOsVUY=w347-h522-no
Great pix, doctor! :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Now I'm really glad we showed up late. Haha. No camera by then! Note to self for next year...

Back