filling out the 8710-1

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Hi all

Has anyone done this? This is merely to extend my student privs. nothing more.

It's the airman certification or ratings application.

there is a reference to why you are asking for this - the only thing remotely applicable from that list is the block A "Completion of required test" and that doesn't even apply.

it furthers asks for the instructor's recommendation and so on and so forth.

this is the form I was told to fill out by the FAA - is this the right one? I mean, it must be, but I'm not sure any of the "basis for application" questions apply to me yet...

http://forms.faa.gov/forms/faa8710-1a.pdf

im assuming that your student pilot certificate is expiring but not your medical? i dont think anything in block II applies,i wouldnt fill anything out. if the FSDO or DPE issuing the certificate thinks otherwise, they can fill it out before issuing it.

yeah, that's it - the medical is still good, but the student privileges part (that allows me to go solo) expires this month. why they only have a two year cert on a 3 year medical is beyond me.

the only time ive ever had experience with someone getting a student pilot cert. and not a medical is in the glider club. they just sit down with our DPE and go throught the 8710, get everything filled out and he fills out the student pilot cert. the downside of this is i never know how the 8710 has to be filled out. id just call the dpe that is going to be giving you the student pilot cert.

Back