Filing in Garmin with a Delay for Approaches

asirico

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TonySirico
Hello. I have been trying to do this for quite some time, and have not found anything. I know you can do this in foreflight. How can I create a flight plan that has a delay at an airport for approaches that is not your final destination?

Depart: KCRP
Arrive: KHRL

Route: JETTY V70.JIMIE MFE KMFE/D0+15 HRL

How can I put this in Garmin?

What is the purpose of doing this? I’m not convinced that the delay information is in any way making it into your flight plan that gets “filed”, I think it only shows up in your navlog in foreflight

What is the purpose of doing this? I’m not convinced that the delay information is in any way making it into your flight plan that gets “filed”, I think it only shows up in your navlog in foreflight

It should (or "can") show up as part of your flight planned route. I've done it sometimes for work, although we use a different flight planning app.

Hello. I have been trying to do this for quite some time, and have not found anything. I know you can do this in foreflight. How can I create a flight plan that has a delay at an airport for approaches that is not your final destination?

Depart: KCRP
Arrive: KHRL

Route: JETTY V70.JIMIE MFE KMFE/D0+15 HRL

How can I put this in Garmin?

I don't know how to put it into Garmin, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort to figure out. What problem are you trying to solve? Lots of people do lots of practice approaches in IMC at various airports without filing a delay. Just include KMFE in your flight plan, and KHRL as your destination, and tell ATC what you want to do when you call them up. They're used to it, it's pretty common.

It is filed as is. The syntax is supported by ERAM, although it is not ICAO standard. It is used all the time, originally by the military and now by anyone. ForeFlight supports it.

In the military we do it all the time. Is it necessary? No. But I've had atc question my intentions without putting it in.

Do you guys like garmin or foreflight better?

In the military we do it all the time. Is it necessary? No. But I've had atc question my intentions without putting it in.

Do you guys like garmin or foreflight better?
Yeah I’ve never understood the disconnect between a 175 and a 7233 or ICAO. I’ve filed plenty of delays in the military with no problem. Same with composite flight plans.

Back