Filing Flight Plan

Ahquabi

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Hawkeye Flyer
I'm lost. Just wandering around here. Curious, why does it say "Filing Flight Plan" under my UserID?

Rick G.:dunno:

Simple enough- you are a new user, and the "status" under your name is roughly analogous to the steps associated with flight.

Like me- I have been posting for a long time, have almost no life, and I am at "Pattern Altitude."

I'm lost. Just wandering around here. Curious, why does it say "Filing Flight Plan" under my UserID?

Rick G.:dunno:
Hi Rick, welcome to the forum! :)

This might answer your question:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_new_faq_item

Now, I have a question for you. :)

I noticed you live on a private strip in Iowa. I'm planning a grass strip tour in a few weeks and am looking for interesting grass strips to visit.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12659

I was planning to contact the owners of a grass strip in Iowa, Antique Airfield, IA27, to see if I could land and hang out for a bit. Have you been there? Are they very receptive to visitors?

If you want you can PM me or answer in my thread about my trip.

Thanks!

And, again, welcome to our community. :)

Rick, welcome to the wonderful world of PoA. Sit back, strap in and enjoy the ride.

Hey Rick..

Glad to see a fellow Iowan here. I assume you know Tony Condon from Ames?

Anywho.. It's ALSO interesting to see that you fly out of Indianola. I worked at IA41 (Laverty Field) for a few summers a few years ago and will be going back to work there late this summer. I haven't landed at Nash yet, though.

Rick is none other than the world famous DSM Approach controller who recognized Kents voice last October. Has a beautiful Piper Vagabond based down at Nash Field. Did I mention it was Beautiful? Oh yea...and he passed his Commercial Checkride yesterday, congrats!

Rick,

Welcome from the other side of the mic. Enjoy the board! :)

So, you picked up on Kent's voice? Hmmm... I heard the same thing happen to him with a 900 operator. :D

Ken

Rick,

Welcome to POA. If you're DSM I'm certain we've spoken many times. You guys are always great to work with.

James Dean

PA32 4296N

Rick is none other than the world famous DSM Approach controller who recognized Kents voice last October. Has a beautiful Piper Vagabond based down at Nash Field. Did I mention it was Beautiful? Oh yea...and he passed his Commercial Checkride yesterday, congrats!

Hello again, Rick! And congrats on passing the Comm ride, you're a step ahead of me now! :)

I haven't figured out if the status means we're loyal POA'ers or just have no life, LOL

Back