Fibrolic Seizures?

Erice

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Erice
There is a young person who is interested in flight training. I was asking in general terms if she had any health issues. Her mother said that as an infant, this person had 3 or 4 fibrolic seizures. The mother said most people grow out of them by the age of 4. This person had her first one at 9 months, then had 2 or 3 after that.

Google wasn't very helpful, but perhaps this is the incorrect term.

Is this something that would require any special treatment when applying for a 3rd class medical?

There is a young person who is interested in flight training. I was asking in general terms if she had any health issues. Her mother said that as an infant, this person had 3 or 4 fibrolic seizures. The mother said most people grow out of them by the age of 4. This person had her first one at 9 months, then had 2 or 3 after that.

Google wasn't very helpful, but perhaps this is the incorrect term.

Is this something that would require any special treatment when applying for a 3rd class medical?

Probably 'febrile seizures', the kind little kids get if they have a fever.

Some children have a number of them, they are typically not considered to be epilepsy. They are for the most part self-limited and kids indeed grow out of them.

"If the event was a documented febrile seizure occurring between the ages off three months and five years, no evluation is required"

Notice, "event" is SINGULAR.

We are plagued in this country more than ever by medical illiteracy: as in, "my eucharist gets clogs from fireballs". But how the heck is anyone to really know? The teachers are medically illiterate. And on it goes. :(

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back