FHR

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
Flew up to FHR from OLM for lunch with my wife today. Nice day to fly. Had the best seat in the house for lunch - outside deck overlooking the harbor in Friday Harbor. God's Country, that what this part of the world is.

Attachments

• DSC02413.JPG
    DSC02413.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
we used to head over there every summer, usually camped on ORS though.

We'd rent one of those Hobie kayaks from FHR and pedal the few miles over to turn island and spend the day.

My wife's favorite thing to do with the airplane- A quick hop up to Friday Harbor for lunch, then walking the docks with an ice cream cone, then wandering back to the airport and home.

The picture posted above is a very familiar view for us.

Flew up to FHR from OLM for lunch with my wife today. Nice day to fly. Had the best seat in the house for lunch - outside deck overlooking the harbor in Friday Harbor. God's Country, that what this part of the world is.

Sitting on the deck of The Downriggers, very nice afternoon:yes:.

Quite nice. I was about 15 feet from where where you were sitting on Saturday, with a bunch of Grumman guys. Personally, I'd prefer a nice basket of steamed clams at Friday's Crabhouse about 500 feet south of there.

Sitting on the deck of The Downriggers, very nice afternoon:yes:.

That's where we were. Right at the corner of the deck by the rail.

Quite nice. I was about 15 feet from where where you were sitting on Saturday, with a bunch of Grumman guys. Personally, I'd prefer a nice basket of steamed clams at Friday's Crabhouse about 500 feet south of there.

Next time. I'll have to remember that. Thanks for the recommendation.

Back