FF questions

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
a) Can I dl FF to another ipad for use only as a backup in case something happens to mine in flight? If so, how?

b) see the attached pic and tell me what I did wrong. It is saying over an hour to go 3nm? It is saying 390nm for a 176nm trip? I have tried rebooting the app and recycling the ipad.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    975.3 KB · Views: 59
welcome to my life.
every flightplan for which I click on "maps" now shows the same 390nm
I have even tried to make a brand new fp....."390nm"

I guess I better take on more gas in the morning.

Are you in junction? Why not just use fltplan.com instead?

Maybe it's including MRF to junction without actually showing that part as a leg?

I just tried it on mine and it did the same thing, somethings off

I clicked reverse at Spike's request:

Attachments

• photo2.PNG
    photo2.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 21
This happened right after dl'ing the new AP DB.
Spike is trying it before and after the dl as a diagnostic. Is there anyway to roll back to the old one?

what db, Jeanie? Jct is tomorrow. Fltplan.com - ok for filing but I would like something to navigate with!

cancel. Spike figures it is calculating the distance from where I am now!

It is happier with location services off. Must remember that!
Thanks Spike!

You flight planned from KJCT airport to CLL VOR and then to KCLL airport.
Look at it again, the second leg is only 3nm for a total of 176 NM (173+3) and the last 3nm only takes 1minute and 07 seconds.

There is a "totals" area and a "leg" area.

There is nothing wrong with the program, it's an operator interpretation problem.

Thanks Bill.
Look at the top right, "387nm" and "390nm" and again in the headup display, 390nm. Even if I went there and back it will not total to that much.

Its all because FF is calculating from my present position, hundreds of miles west of the flight plan.

Thanks Bill.
Look at the top right, "387nm" and "390nm" and again in the headup display, 390nm. Even if I went there and back it will not total to that much.

Its all because FF is calculating from my present position, hundreds of miles west of the flight plan.

Ok, I see that, and I loaded the same flight plan and yes, it is computing from where you are right now, it showed over 1000nm for me, I'm in LAS. Because in Nav mode, you still need to get from where you are to the first point in the flt plan.

You can have it on one iphone and one ipad per subscription

in Nav mode, you still need to get from where you are to the first point in the flt plan.

hey, Bill - about the Nav mode.
I have not heard about modes in FF. Are there modes other than Nav?? Is there a mode in which FF does not have the displayed behavior?
Thanks.

Yes, it sounds like it's calculating from your current location. I have FF on my IPhone and IPad. They gave me a license for each as part of the same prescription fee. It makes a great combination, because curiosity questions regarding a prospective flight can be answered in a minute or two by reaching in my pocket instead of rounding up a plotter, sectional, et al....

Hope you made it to college station in a good way and that then conference was interesting

Last edited:
hey, Bill - about the Nav mode.
I have not heard about modes in FF. Are there modes other than Nav?? Is there a mode in which FF does not have the displayed behavior?
Thanks.

Sorry, I should have said "maps" page

Back