FF on Ipad lost info bar

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
I'm not sure what it's called, but the bar of 8 information bugs across the bottom of the maps in FF 5.3.3 on my Ipad2 disappeared mid flight yesterday.
I checked all the settings I could find and made sure almost everything that even sounded close were enabled.
I tried restarting the app and I rebooted the Ipad.

Any ideas

I've been having some instability issues too. Sat I lost big square chunks of my IFR chart for seemingly no good reason. Had to shut down and reboot, and it came back. I attribute it to using an original iPad "classic", but you've got a later model.

I've been having some instability issues too. Sat I lost big square chunks of my IFR chart for seemingly no good reason. Had to shut down and reboot, and it came back. I attribute it to using an original iPad "classic", but you've got a later model.

On Saturday I could view the aerial view of Florida, but not Georgia. On the return trip on Sunday I could see all the aerial maps, but then a few hours into the flight the status (or info bar or whatever it's called) disappeared. I haven't tried it today.

Did you accidentally tap the instrument icon in the top bar? It's a relatively new feature.

I'm not sure what it's called, but the bar of 8 information bugs across the bottom of the maps in FF 5.3.3 on my Ipad2 disappeared mid flight yesterday.
I checked all the settings I could find and made sure almost everything that even sounded close were enabled.
I tried restarting the app and I rebooted the Ipad.

Any ideas

Top of the screen the third small button from the left (looks like a dashboard gauge) will turn it back on for you. Must have accidentally tapped it to turn it off.

Top of the screen the third small button from the left (looks like a dashboard gauge) will turn it back on for you. Must have accidentally tapped it to turn it off.
I figured I accidentally turned it off, but I tried everything I could to find it. I will try again tonight.
Thanks.

I also had part of a map disappear recently, and then after a while of fiddling to bring it back, a sudden crash of the App. Then an update came out. So who knows... maybe they fixed it.

I am not an expert on FF but it sounds to me that FF is trying to download charts from the internet while in-flight. Did you try it on the ground? Trying to stablish an internet connection above 5000ft could be intermitent in many areas due to mutual interference from the the cell stations on the ground. Try downloading on the ground all the charts related to your trip.

José

Back