FF/MP/Eng Temp wandering at cruise

HiHoStevo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
HiHoStevo
Hi.....

For several years (in my T-210) I had a problem with my cruise FF/MP/Eng Temp wandering during cruise... for example if I set 15.5 gph the ff could wander from 13 to 17.5.

After way too much money and parts I found a very knowledgable mechanic who said it was the APC (I had replaced the APC perviously with several overhauls that did not fix the problem). However, whoever he had overhaul the unit must have done a better job because after he was done the a/c flew perfectly and was steady as a rock.

Last week I had a well known engine shop do a set up on the engine as the fuel system had been removed overhauled and re-installed. On the flight to the shop at 13.5 the ff was perfectly steady. However, on the way home at 16.5 after setting 16gph the ff would wander from 15 to 17.5 with resultant changes in MP and Engine temps.

According to the shop they only thing that they changed was increasing the APC approx 12 degree's to provide 1 additional inch of TO MP and the fuel flow aneroid approx one turn for a bit of additional fuel flow.

Any "dazzling" T-210 mechanics out there have an idea as to what might have happened to cause this change?

Back