FF 5.4 bug? Current data labeled expired

azure

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
azure
I just emailed ForeFlight support about an annoying problem that just surfaced when I upgraded to v5.4. All of the data for my home field is now flagged as "Expired". I did download all the data and charts for the new cycle, and deleted the expired data this morning. In fact at least the RNAV 9 approach plate IS from the current cycle, as the valid dates are clearly printed in the margins. Yet it too is flagged as "expired".

Interestingly enough this does NOT happen on my iPhone, where I also updated to 5.4. The only difference I can think of (apart from the hardware) is that on my iPad I have data for the whole U.S., whereas on the iPhone I only keep data for the Great Lakes states and a few others. So it might be a database bug that only gets tickled when a lot of data is present.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen something similar.

I've had that happen sometimes - delete the FF 'state' icon and that usually fixes it.

Dunno what you mean by "state" icon, but on a whim I tried force closing the app and restarting. Fixed. That's my usual first stab at fixing weird glitches and the only reason I didn't try it sooner is that I had JUST upgraded to 5.4 and clicked Open from the App Store. Just goes to show, data in memory can get hosed at any time, even in the first few seconds after startup.

Just to show how great their support is, I then stepped into the bathroom and by the time I was back at the computer, an email from FF was already in my INBOX, suggesting that I try exactly what I had done. Awesome! :thumbsup:

Back