Few pics of a recent XC..

VTC_WS6

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
VTC_WS6
This was a Saturday evening return trip from Miami (KTMB ) to Naples (KAPF) with the wife and kid. Arrival in Naples at about 8:00pm, a little later than I wanted, but we had to wait out some weather over the Everglades, typical summer storms and such.

d4eaaf19.jpg

ddd412fa.jpg

a64f572b.jpg

HD landing on rnwy 32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuBS4I6iqsg

Last edited:
In that second photo, are those waterways to individual houses in that neighborhood in the center?

(Fascinating to me, we don't have enough water here to keep reservoirs full most years... a "boat-up community" is kinda neat. For the boating types, anyway.

In that second photo, are those waterways to individual houses in that neighborhood in the center?

(Fascinating to me, we don't have enough water here to keep reservoirs full most years... a "boat-up community" is kinda neat. For the boating types, anyway.

Nah, although there are communities like that a little to the east, what you see there are just a creative series of manmade lakes

Nice pics. I got my ppl out of fmy. Do you fly to x01 much?

Can't say I fly there much, but yes I've done a few passes around the pattern there, plan on heading back soon.

Flying to X01 interests me. I'm based out of KORL and am thinking of taking my wife down (she likes the outdoors, as do I). How hard is it to get to any of the tour operators? The hotels? The Everglades Museum?

Is it a reasonable place to fly down for an overnight?

John

Ive seen people camp at x01. Free bikes to get into town if you buy fuel(usually "cheap"). Im sure you could have a full day or weekend of airboats, kayaking, etc. Great seafood restaurants. Much nicer to fly in oct-may, less birds and runway is fairly short for florida summers if youre close to gross weight, depending on what youre flying.

Any of the places in town you can reach in 10 minutes on the bikes and they would probably pick you up.

Fun place to land!

Mike

Back