Ferry Flight KMGW to KMJD

etemplet

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
etemplet
Well, I tried to get the plane home but it didn't happen so I need a ferry pilot to fly from Morgantown, West Virginia (KMGW) and to Picayune, Mississippi (KMJD) near New Orleans, LA.

I need a pilot to fly a Cessna 150 Aerobat. Probably 9 hours or so on the flight time. The plane has just completed annual, and is in great shape. The owner is having the Mags serviced so it will be even better. Very nice aircraft. IFR, GPS.

The plane should be ready for travel the Week of June 11th. I am looking for a responsible pilot that is comfortable making the trip. Instrument Rated would be a preference. Also, someone I would not have to pay full price to fly back home would be a plus as well. Those spur of the moment airline tickets are hella expensive. Ask me how I know. :eek:

The seller is trying to work out something on his end and I'd like to get something in place.

I am looking for a responsible pilot that is comfortable making the trip. Instrument Rated would be a preference. Also, someone I would not have to pay full price to fly back home would be a plus as well. Those spur of the moment airline tickets are hella expensive. Ask me how I know. :eek:
I would point out that unless you get someone to do this entirely at their own expense (including the fuel for your plane), they will have to hold at least a Commercial Pilot certificate in order to provide this pilot service for hire/compensation, and there aren't many CP-ASEL's without an instrument rating.

I sure hope I don't get a Ferry Pilot that likes to play Poker. I am a terrible gambler. Knowing my luck, I would probably lose enough money in a few hands of poker to double the fuel cost. :confused:

Then of course I'd swear never to play poker again. :nono:

Last edited:
I fly into Morgantown WV all the time. I live close by. I'd do it if I had the credentials. For anyone out of the area, Morgantown is a great airport. Class D, super friendly tower and there are regional flights that come into Morgantown from Dulles (IAD) I believe..

I'd suggest either finding someone local to you or local to the plane to do it. That way you don't have to pay to get someone repositioned both to the aircraft location and then back home after the delivery. Maybe the CFI you've been working with would be a good choice or know someone who would do it?

I'd do it but I'm not really anywhere near you or the airplane and don't have any way of getting to it or home cheaply.

I'm not very local but I can get buddy passes from my family and move around to get there. The only issue would be getting around my current work schedule. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Back