Felony Deferred Class 2 Medical

Jacobxpaul

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jacobxpaul
Hello,

I need some advice from you folks I was convicted of a felony injury to child charge in Idaho (18-1501) for having sex with an underage girl, long story and rather embarrassing this charge was from 10/3/2011, I completed a program through the state showing I was low to no risk and then spent several years on probation which I had zero issues, my charge falls under a violent felony but not a drug or alcohol-related charge since I was sober and never have drank alcohol or used drugs. Anyways I knew this was going to be an issue so I contacted the local AME I was deferred which was expected. I am trying to figure out if I need to contact a lawyer for guidance so I can make this a smooth transition. Also with the charge do you foresee it being an issue by just looking at the charge itself. I can't decide if it falls under any of the disqualifying charges, even if you look at my charge you can't tell it is sex-related by reading the Idaho code, but the code sounds horrible. I feel like I need to draft an impact statement explaining my charge and what I have done to thrive through the years maybe even go as far as character statements, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

I would not get a lawyer involved in FAA medical. Too bad you didn't get advice before going to an AME. An expert will be along shortly with the correct answer.

I would get a lawyer involved. Even though it’s a “medical”, it’s really an administrative thing. Lawyers are wordsmiths and administrative geniuses, precisely what’s needed.

You will want one with their own medical team, in other words, one who has affiliations with medical professionals they trust, and with whom they have good professional relationships.

I have no clue what your chances of success, or failure, are. This is just how I recommend proceeding. I don’t believe involving a lawyer flags you as problematic, thus reducing your chances of success based on that rather than the merits of your issue.

Was there anything else on the application (any psychiatric stuff?)?

Should be issuable. They're almost sure to ask for court records. Start digging up everything you can find on the matter.

a laywer? maybe and only after you are denied. Felonies are touchy.

Is it on the TSA list of 10 year DQing conditions?

That's the part I am confused with, I don't see the actual charge on the TSA list but I can only imagine they can make it fit something that is on that list.

I imagine it falls under aggravated assault. However, the time was also greater than 10 years ago, so it should be outside the look back period.

there is nothing to do but look for the certified letter from the FAA to see what they want.

I ended up getting my medical approved! Easy work being former Army I am familiar with the hurry up and wait process, which i had to wait! I didn’t get a lawyer or really have to submit tons of paper work, hardest part was getting in touch with my old probation officer!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back