Fellow pilots in DC area

mxalix258

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mxalix258
Hi all,

I'm not sure the best way to go about this, but I am interested in meeting/flying with pilots in the Washington, DC area. I have joined a club, and am involved with the civil air patrol (but both haven't amounted to much flying with other pilots).

I am a certificated pilot, but what I am really interested in doing in flying with other people (more as a passenger I suppose) so I can see how other people do things, and do a little bit more flying. I am lacking a lot of confidence in my flying right now and the only way to fix that that I know of are flying more myself (which I'm trying) and flying with other people.

I have talked to someone involved in my flight club with being a safety pilot and splitting time, but if there are a lot of people in the area that fly locally that wouldn't mind an extra passenger I would love to do it.

Not sure what the odds are of someone reaching out to me, but if there is any interest I'd definitely love to work something out!

Let me know. :)

Hi all,

I'm not sure the best way to go about this, but I am interested in meeting/flying with pilots in the Washington, DC area. I have joined a club, and am involved with the civil air patrol (but both haven't amounted to much flying with other pilots).

I am a certificated pilot, but what I am really interested in doing in flying with other people (more as a passenger I suppose) so I can see how other people do things, and do a little bit more flying. I am lacking a lot of confidence in my flying right now and the only way to fix that that I know of are flying more myself (which I'm trying) and flying with other people.

I have talked to someone involved in my flight club with being a safety pilot and splitting time, but if there are a lot of people in the area that fly locally that wouldn't mind an extra passenger I would love to do it.

Not sure what the odds are of someone reaching out to me, but if there is any interest I'd definitely love to work something out!

Let me know. :)

Try joining the DCPilots listserv on Yahoo. dcpilots@yahoogroups.com

I live in Vienna, and fly out of HEF...wouldn't mind driving to another airport like GAI or JYO to fly with someone else if the chance came up.

I signed up for the DC listserv, thanks for the suggestion John T!

I try to fly once or twice a month out of GAI or JYO. Yes, dcpilots is a good forum for this kind of request.

GAI's open house is next weekend, maybe a good time for a mini dcpilots/PoA get together...

I fly out of Frederick but will soon be flying out of Leesburg or Winchester. When I get my license (should be in the next month), I'll be looking for a safety pilot to split some time for my instrument rating.

Pete,

I'll be happy to safety pilot for you (or any other DC pilots).

To the OP, I'll let you know when I'm going up (from JYO), and you'll be welcome to come along.

I fly out of Frederick but will soon be flying out of Leesburg or Winchester. When I get my license (should be in the next month), I'll be looking for a safety pilot to split some time for my instrument rating.

Who is your instructor? They have a lot of good ones there!

As said earlier- stop by GAI next Saturday for the open house- I'm sure you'll find many people that just enjoy flying around.

I will be at the Open House at GAI. I am a student pilot. I just need to knock out one more cross country, and move onto the check ride portion.
I just passed my PPL Knowledge Test on Sunday at the Frederick Flight Center.

I really look forward to becoming friends with Pilots in the GA community.

Hey mxalix,
Id be up to splitting some X/C time with you if you want. Doing some longer flights with an other pilot in the plane is a great way to build up your confidence along with hours. I fly out of JYO in 172s.

Send me an email at NnyMiller@Gmail.com if your interested.

Back