Felix jump from space (Live)

flyingmoose

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Flyingmoose
Today is the day when Felix Baumgartner will jump from 120,000 ft and try and break the sound barrier. Here is the link to watch it "Live!" Looks like the balloon layout is in progress. God speed Felix

http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

forgot all about this, thanks

Discovery channel keeps scheduling love coverage, but Mythbusters shows up. Obviously delays?

Website shows 11 am MDT as restart of the video feed.

Hooking up the pod now. I wonder what he is thinking right now. :yikes:

I wonder what he is thinking right now.

Flight operation procedures most likely.

Under an hour to launch..how long does it take to put a space suit on and get all the switches set in the vehicle?

Under an hour to launch..how long does it take to put a space suit on and get all the switches set in the vehicle?

He prebreathes O2 for a few hours, not sure about the suit, but I'm guessing he has been prepping/prepped since midnight or so.

I kinda figured that. It was more of a joke. I bet its all business in there for sure.

Wake me up when something happens please.....Kinda boring now.

David

So, after this jump happens, what next? Hmmm....

Hard to top this I bet.

David

Shame, i was watching it during class today on my laptop and blurted out "NO!" while the teacher was "lecturing" ;)

So, after this jump happens, what next? Hmmm....

Hard to top this I bet.

David

Redbull space program continues to the moon. Then Mars. Soda companies will rule space.

It's amazing the fun $3/can sugar water sold at convenience stores, will buy someone else. :)

It's amazing the fun $3/can sugar water sold at convenience stores, will buy someone else. :)

Yes, yes it is. A spacejump, a hangar full of airplanes in Austria that are beautifully restored, not 1 but 2 Formula 1 teams. The money they make per can has to be mind blowing to be able to afford those things.

It is amazing the toys Red Bull owns. At KGKT in Seviervill, TN I saw a Red Bull Grumman Mallard in perfect condition at the museum there. Yes, it flies, as does most of their stuff. Here's another one they have, and I hear they are buying a lot of Russian/Combloc stuff.

DSCN2643.jpg

At least they are putting on cool events and keeping some of this stuff flying. :thumbsup: Could be using for not so cool stuff.

Red Bull Gives You Wings... The marketing slogan is a literal statement of fact, heh.

"You" not meaning the sugar water consumer, however. ;)

Red Bull Gives You Wings... The marketing slogan is a literal statement of fact, heh.

"You" not meaning the sugar water consumer, however. ;)

Interesting we don't see a Kotex MIG flying around.

I'm not a drinker of Red Bull products, but I approve whole heartedly about how they spend their money.

-John

I'm not a drinker of Red Bull products, but I approve whole heartedly about how they spend their money.

-John

+1. Coke and Pepsi must be making close to the same per can for 100 years and neither one has a space program.

Their profits, their choice. I don't buy the products but I support their right to spend the money how they choose, and this is one method I like.

You guys crack me up. I wasn't judging how they spend it. I was just noting the amazing math of what $3 cans of glowing green stuff will buy in mass quantity! ;)

Red Bull + Vodka = A very alert and active drunk. ;)

I'm bummed they had to cancel the races though. Wanted to see one of their variety. Should'a gone when they were doing them, that stuff never lasts.

i just wish they would've sponsored my sailplane racing team...

You guys crack me up. I wasn't judging how they spend it. I was just noting the amazing math of what $3 cans of glowing green stuff will buy in mass quantity! ;)

Red Bull + Vodka = A very alert and active drunk. ;)

I'm bummed they had to cancel the races though. Wanted to see one of their variety. Should'a gone when they were doing them, that stuff never lasts.

Wingsuit racing is Redbulls new air racing spectacle. I guess proximity flying in a wingsuit is safer then low level airplane racing.:dunno:

Hmm. Think they would sponser my 177B?

Back