Feeling anxious

Topper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Topper
I just returned from vacation about a week ago. I have been having trouble sleeping and feeling a little anxious. Business and money could be better, but not really a problem, haven’t been able to figure it out.

I think I finally figured the issue out. I need a project. I have been working towards my CMEL and that has filled my spare time. Studying, flying, thinking about flying, etc. now that it is behind me, I don’t know how to fill my spare time.

I want a break from working on the next rating. Plus I don’t need any more ratings and only needed the CMEL to remove a vfr restriction on my multi rating (I could have removed it without the commercial, but figured it would be nice to have).

I want a break, but need to be working on something, guess I have to figure out if there is something outside of aviation that can fill the void or if I need to start on the next rating.

CSEL add on should only be maneuvers, thinking about CFI so I can train my son. ASES won’t be very practical, but might be fun, looks like only a weekend course.

Plus, both of my planes are down, one is in annual and the other is getting avionics, I was flying regularly practicing for the commercial, I am jonesing to fly.

Guess I will start studying for the cfi written.

Jim

I learned to fly (and soloed) on floats in Juneau, because at the time that was pretty much the only game in town. I now have a grand total of 32 hours of seaplane time (out of several thousand). I can't say that it was a waste of money, because it got me started on rewarding career. With an either/or choice, though, I would skip the float rating unless you plan to buy. The instructor certificate will give you more bang for the buck.

Bob

Do you have your tailwheel? If not, you should give that a try. It’s a lot of fun.

Best wishes on getting things straightened out.

Buy plans for a Cozy MKIV, or another plans built plane. That should keep you busy for the next several years, if not decades!

Back