Feedback on New Egg needed

RJM62

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geek on the Hill
I just picked New Egg up as an advertiser on one of my sites, but I don't recall having ordered anything from them myself.

The site in question has a youngish demographic, and the younger people seem to strongly favor New Egg as compared to other computer part sellers. But precisely because of the young demographic, I tend to be a little more cautious about the advertisers I accept for that site.

New Egg's reputation seems good enough that I've already started running their ads. But I'd appreciate feedback about them -- good or bad -- so I can decide whether to keep running their ads. I don't care about pricing or availability so much as reliability, stewardship, and general friendliness. For example, how are they about returns if a customer just orders the wrong part? That sort of thing.

Also, I have a hunch that an existing, competing advertiser is going to throw a fit over the New Egg ads, so I may have to decide between the two. Any feedback would help me with that decision, if it comes to it.

Thanks,

-Rich

I have used them for years. They ship quickly, generally have good stock and the pricing is very reasonable.

I have traded with them a number of times, and have always received excellent service. I believe my first choice to do so was upon Jesse's recommendation, not sure.

My sample of one says they are a class act.

I've ordered lots of components. Quantity 20 hard drives, memory, video cards, stuff like that. When I order, I usually drop $1000-$2000 at a time. Never had any problems, super fast delivery.

I, too, have used Newegg.com for years.....never had an issue. They're website is accurate, they ship when they say they'll ship and their orders have always been correct. They're in my Top Five online vendors along with Amazon, TigerDirect, Thomas Distributing and Sporty's.

One of the best online vendors IMO. I never hesitate to purchase from them.

Tiger Direct is better, but there is nothing wrong with NewEgg

I trust Newegg. Monoprice, Microcenter, or Amazon may have better deals though depending on what you want.

I've been using Newegg for years, probably since 2001 or whenever they first opened shop.
They are still my first stop ... however, they have become less likely to be my last.

Since allowing other sellers to sell under their banner (a la amazon.com), it's harder to know who I'm doing business with. (Yes, I like variety in inventory. But, I don't always want to gamble with Joe Fly-by-Night.) So, it's a burden to the consumer to figure this out.

They were once really eggcellent about quick shipping. Now, they've gone to using that horrible UPS/USPS hybrid that can add many days to delivery. Apparently used for "free" shipping on very small items (like RAM). Again, it's Yet Another Thing to be mindful of.

Last week I pieced together a new PC. Found that I could get everything but the case and PSU from Newegg - and at a good price (compared to TigerDirect and a couple of others). Just before clinching the deal I decided to check MicroCenter (which has a store 10 minutes from me) ... wound up spending less, even after paying sales tax, and had my stuff the same day. (Which makes potential returns easier, too.) Yeah, I could have saved maybe $20 if I'd split the deal between Newegg and MicroCenter; but, went with the B&M for convenience.

Still - they are a reputable merchant. I don't think I'd have any qualms about running their ads - but, I don't know their policies; I'm just a happy customer.

Okay, thanks. 100 percent positive feedback from people I trust is good enough for me.

I've ordered tons of stuff from Tiger Direct and Amazon and have never been unhappy, so I've stuck with them over the years. But as I mentioned, the visitors and forum members of the site in question seem to favor New Egg -- especially the younger members. Perhaps New Egg is a better source for gaming stuff.

But I do like to have a certain confidence level in advertisers, so thanks again.

-Rich

I've been using Newegg for years, probably since 2001 or whenever they first opened shop.
They are still my first stop ... however, they have become less likely to be my last.

Since allowing other sellers to sell under their banner (a la amazon.com), it's harder to know who I'm doing business with. (Yes, I like variety in inventory. But, I don't always want to gamble with Joe Fly-by-Night.) So, it's a burden to the consumer to figure this out.

They were once really eggcellent about quick shipping. Now, they've gone to using that horrible UPS/USPS hybrid that can add many days to delivery. Apparently used for "free" shipping on very small items (like RAM). Again, it's Yet Another Thing to be mindful of.

Last week I pieced together a new PC. Found that I could get everything but the case and PSU from Newegg - and at a good price (compared to TigerDirect and a couple of others). Just before clinching the deal I decided to check MicroCenter (which has a store 10 minutes from me) ... wound up spending less, even after paying sales tax, and had my stuff the same day. (Which makes potential returns easier, too.) Yeah, I could have saved maybe $20 if I'd split the deal between Newegg and MicroCenter; but, went with the B&M for convenience.

Still - they are a reputable merchant. I don't think I'd have any qualms about running their ads - but, I don't know their policies; I'm just a happy customer.

One of the very few things I miss about The City is not having a MicroCenter nearby... That and not having an all-night Italian deli within walking distance.

I actually make the ~ three-hour drive to one of the two closest MicroCenters once in a while... just for the atmosphere of the place.

-Rich

Been using them for years. Very satisfied.

I have Tiger Direct about 3 miles away, comes in handy.

Tiger Direct is another of my advertisers. I've always had great experiences with them, but for some reason all the youngsters who visit the site (and there are a lot of them) prefer New Egg. So if that's where they're going to shop, I may as well have their ads on the site.

But because of the young demographic, I try extra hard to choose reputable advertisers. I have little control over what Google decides to put up there via Adsense, but I'm careful about what I can control.

I guess that's why I'll probably never be wealthy. But I do sleep well at night.

-Rich

Not that you need it, but I'm another very satisfied Newegg customer. Also one of those "youngsters" you might be talking about. 19? I've been ordering from them since I was 15 or so.

And now I've made myself sound like a total nerd. Brilliant! :)

Not that you need it, but I'm another very satisfied Newegg customer. Also one of those "youngsters" you might be talking about. 19? I've been ordering from them since I was 15 or so.

And now I've made myself sound like a total nerd. Brilliant! :)

Hey, the world needs nerds!

-Rich

A little late to the party, but another Newegg customer with nothing but positive experiences. I consider them comparable to Amazon in terms of customer satisfaction, which is to say, top-notch. (I'm 40-something, btw, for whatever that's worth.)

I have also purchased from Tiger Direct and Mwave, but always considered them a quarter- to half-notch lower down the trustworthiness spectrum compared to Newegg and Amazon. (Maybe that is unwarranted, but they don't seem as big and solid to me as Newegg.)

Back