french22

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
french22
After discussing the opportunity to buy a UFM system in another thread, I finally bought both systems: the UFM device and the Halo. I convinced myself to buy the Halo after reading so many positive things about it and the UFM was a way to use the QC15 I already had brought with me. Being in two to fly, I HAD to buy 2 new toys.

My son and I flew 15 hours using them in C172 (damn noisy plane!). The winner is .... Halo! I was totally happy with it : noise reduction, comfort, clarity of communication. We did x-country flights, the longest lasting 6 hours with just one short stop for fuel, pit stop and burger, and I completely forgot I was wearing a headset.

As said in other discussions, the QC15+UFM remains a valid option. My son, who used it during most of our flights, considers the pair QC15/UFM offers a slightly better noise reduction than a passive headset and, above all, gives a far better comfort considering the lighter weight and reduced clamping effect. For him, the main drawback is caused by the bulky adapter supporting the mike boom which protrudes too much downward and sometimes knocks on your shoulder when turning head leftwise. The battery autonomy wasn’t an issue at all (and it takes 5 seconds to change it in flight if you have a spare).

About construction: the UFM system looks very sturdy and seems being able to support many uses and abuses. On the other hand, I've read only good things about Halo reliability.

In terms of support, UFlyMike and Quiettechnologies performed well during the sales process, both being responsive and customer friendly.

Thanks for the review. My wife has one of the Bose headsets for airline travel and I been considering the UflyMike setup to give me another noise canceling headset.

Back