Feds: "Pilots have no rights" - Really?

Catching a 'lot' of dolphins with their tuna in the wide net.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

So I heard the director of the fbi has admitted to using drones over the us today. Wonder if they were flying in the system or rogue

It's progress - doncha know.

We never 'undid' the declaration of War for WWII - so we can still go attack the Axis powers if we'd like - which proves the point of context and not paperwork is what is important . . . .

I thought there were peace treaties.

I thought there were peace treaties.

Marshall plan. Also, to have changed the axis powers status after the war would have meant no justification for the occupation of Germany, Italy, etc.

FYI, AOPA just published an info card in the event law enforcement attempts to search your plane similar to the TFR intercept card they published several years ago. It sounds as if CBP and DHS are not adequately responding to their FOIA resquests.

Marshall plan. Also, to have changed the axis powers status after the war would have meant no justification for the occupation of Germany, Italy, etc.

Peace treaties with Italy, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, and Finland were signed in 1947. The peace treaty with Japan was signed in 1951. The peace treaty with Germany was signed in 1990.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Peace_Treaties,_1947

http://www.taiwandocuments.org/sanfrancisco01.htm

http://usa.usembassy.de/etexts/2plusfour8994e.htm

What I wonder is why in the "land of the free" we've come to a point where we feel we have to carry something like this in the cockpit?

I had the exact same thought. We need to 'arm' ourselves with statutory instructions in the face of our own govt.

I had the exact same thought. We need to 'arm' ourselves with statutory instructions in the face of our own govt.

The ACLU(yeah I know) has published 'bust cards' for decades that said the same thing without the aviation bent. Apparently the ACLU has updated their cards with an immigration angle.
They left out one little detail, what do I need to carry to fly my ultralight? Do I need picture ID, I often fly without my wallet.

They left out one little detail, what do I need to carry to fly my ultralight? Do I need picture ID, I often fly without my wallet.

Or as a student pilot in an LSA you don't need an FAA medical, or as a PP SEL you don't need either an FAA medical or an instructor endorsement to operate an LSA, or as a pilot of any level in a glider (even a "motor glider), or... But, if you tried to get all the exceptions on one piece of paper...

However, given that so many here have spoken out strongly in favor of profiling (example: TSA and those of middle eastern origin) - why the problem with DEA profiling pilots? After all, aircraft are used for smuggling drugs, right?

Last edited:

I thought we already did that 224 years ago, but it looks like I was mistaken. Perhaps we need to do it again.

Go read them. They never undid the declarations.

Why would it be necessary for a peace treaty to explicitly undo a declaration of war? Wouldn't continuing to wage war be an obvious violation of the treaty?

Why would it be necessary for a peace treaty to explicitly undo a declaration of war? Wouldn't continuing to wage war be an obvious violation of the treaty?

I don't disagree - but the premise of some in this thread is that the invocation of the right to commence armed conflict was not a declaration of war- you need to understand the purpose of something before you can understand what it does - so yes, of course, a peace treaty abrogates a declaration of war by its very nature - but the declaration of war is not formally revoked. . . .

I don't disagree - but the premise of some in this thread is that the invocation of the right to commence armed conflict was not a declaration of war- you need to understand the purpose of something before you can understand what it does - so yes, of course, a peace treaty abrogates a declaration of war by its very nature - but the declaration of war is not formally revoked. . . .

Aha - now I see what you're saying!

FYI, AOPA just published an info card in the event law enforcement attempts to search your plane similar to the TFR intercept card they published several years ago. It sounds as if CBP and DHS are not adequately responding to their FOIA resquests.

The card is nothing more than a sales pitch for AOPA legal services. Its disgusting.

The ACLU(yeah I know) has published 'bust cards' for decades that said the same thing without the aviation bent. Apparently the ACLU has updated their cards with an immigration angle.

Imagine if that card had a special step for "Donate Money to the ACLU" as part of a routine bust....it would diminish its usefulness, right?

Imagine if that card had a special step for "Donate Money to the ACLU" as part of a routine bust....it would diminish its usefulness, right?

Nope just make it tacky. Apparently the ACLU believes they produce enough value for the world that they don't need to remind people to send them money with everything they print.

Back