Fear the Cessna

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
I'd love to get my hands on this bumper sticker. It should have been posted in the news papers next to the AOPA article about the recent ADIZ incursion.

Last edited:
AdamZ said:
I'd love to get my hands on this bumper sticker. It should have been posted in the news papers next to the AOPA article about the recent ADIZ incursion.

Adam,

there is a guy on the 150/152 lists that has made up a bunch of these kinds of stickers, he also did one that just has 'Cessna', one for a 172, and one for any 'small plane'. I think he's selling them for $5 each. If you want I can find the email and give you his address. I've been thinking of getting one as well.

Funny!

Two childhood stories come to mind..."Chicken Little", "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" and "The Emperors New Clothes",...oh your highness your TFR/FRZ is so beautiful and covers you so completely.

Len

While I thinks its really funny and should go on aviation fuel trucks I wouldn't put this on my car. Really not a good idea. Making fun of peoples fear, no matter how unfounded, only acts to anger and isolate them. Turn enough non-pilots against aviation and the politician listen to them and not us.

corjulo said:
While I thinks its really funny and should go on aviation fuel trucks I wouldn't put this on my car. Really not a good idea. Making fun of peoples fear, no matter how unfounded, only acts to anger and isolate them. Turn enough non-pilots against aviation and the politician listen to them and not us.

And lets hope someone doesnt use it to carry some biological weapon that would make things uglier

AdamZ said:

The public is so out of touch with reality that BS like this may actually be some good PR for GA. It's hard to predict beforehand and probably matters little in the end.

I wouldn't want one on my vehicles, but then I've never been known for my wildly popular PR either.

Making fun of peoples fear, no matter how unfounded, only acts to anger and isolate them.

I would tend to disagree. I can't imagine there are that many people that are that scared. Maybe it is time we started to make fun of these things. Point out that the sky isn't falling, and the emperor, indeed, does NOT have any clothes on.

Every little step that we let them take, is one more nail in the coffin of both our ability to fly, and what we have taken for all these years as our rights as citizens of this nation.

mdreger said:
I would tend to disagree. I can't imagine there are that many people that are that scared. Maybe it is time we started to make fun of these things. Point out that the sky isn't falling, and the emperor, indeed, does NOT have any clothes on.

Every little step that we let them take, is one more nail in the coffin of both our ability to fly, and what we have taken for all these years as our rights as citizens of this nation.

Good Points, Maybe its only the national media thats playing chicken little. I had a good friend and my brother in washington during last weeks fun and both said there was no panic at all. My brother said they headed for the nearest Starbucks

The problem is, if you're talking about the general public:

They have no idea what a Cessna 150 is versus a Lear Jet.
26 Gallons of Fuel sounds like a lot
They don't know what a knot is, but 90 knots sounds fast.

mattaxelrod said:
The problem is, if you're talking about the general public:

They have no idea what a Cessna 150 is versus a Lear Jet.
26 Gallons of Fuel sounds like a lot
They don't know what a knot is, but 90 knots sounds fast.
Hmmmn. The "Mighty" 150 is mightier than we might think!

I went to an FAA Safety Seminar (Wings Program) last night, given by an FAA guy from Washington, DC. He said that the C150 did more damage to GA than 9/11 did. Apparently they're talking about putting another zone around the ADIZ, I guess a pre-shoot-down zone. It sounds like it ramped up the paranoia to where it's going to become even harder to fly around there now. Great. Glad I live 2500 miles away. Unfortunately, I have to fly in and around that airspace this summer. It will be even MORE of a hassle.

Sigh.

Judy

DeeG said:
Adam,

there is a guy on the 150/152 lists that has made up a bunch of these kinds of stickers, he also did one that just has 'Cessna', one for a 172, and one for any 'small plane'. I think he's selling them for $5 each. If you want I can find the email and give you his address. I've been thinking of getting one as well.

Now this is funny. It reminds me when Mayor Wilson Good of Philadelphia bombed the MOVE headquaters (Radical terrorists baricaded in a house in West Philly) with a helicopter. Some of the Philly police made up and wore arm patches with a little helicopter carrying a bomb. I'd like to have one with a little GA plane.

Anthony said:
Now this is funny. It reminds me when Mayor Wilson Good of Philadelphia bombed the MOVE headquaters (Radical terrorists baricaded in a house in West Philly) with a helicopter. Some of the Philly police made up and wore arm patches with a little helicopter carrying a bomb. I'd like to have one with a little GA plane.

Actually the MOVE bombing incident scares me. If I was a anti GA news reporter I could easily spin that story to show how a GA aircraft started the process of burning an entire neighborhood to the ground.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Actually the MOVE bombing incident scares me. If I was a anti GA news reporter I could easily spin that story to show how a GA aircraft started the process of burning an entire neighborhood to the ground.

Len

It wasn't a GA aircraft.

Joe Williams said:
It wasn't a GA aircraft.

Try to tell that to the uneducated brainwashed masses...

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck...

maximus said:
And lets hope someone doesnt use it to carry some biological weapon that would make things uglier

That is, IMO, the real problem. We all know that a C-150 can't carry enough of a bomb to do real damage, nor is it big enough to be a credible bomb itself: the 15 year old student in Tampa proved that, post 9/11. But if our Ace 150 pilot and his faithful companion student in the DC FRZ dropped some visible white powder out the window over Washington DC the press... well I will let you imagine what the press would do. So the mighty C-150 can indeed carry a payload of terror.

They have won. Our only defense is to fly safe and friendly and hope nobody screws up again.

-Skip

No, we don't ALL know that...

Some pilots know the no-secret truth.

The 15 year old proved nothing but his misguided morals and his bad aim, if he even knew that much in the first place.

Skip Miller said:
That is, IMO, the real problem. We all know that a C-150 can't carry enough of a bomb to do real damage, nor is it big enough to be a credible bomb itself: the 15 year old student in Tampa proved that, post 9/11. But if our Ace 150 pilot and his faithful companion student in the DC FRZ dropped some visible white powder out the window over Washington DC the press... well I will let you imagine what the press would do. So the mighty C-150 can indeed carry a payload of terror.

They have won. Our only defense is to fly safe and friendly and hope nobody screws up again.

-Skip

Back