FCC Radio STATION license.

NJP_MAN

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
I have been tasked to acquire a new permit/license for the aircraft. I have done this for the Operator before but never the station. Anyone know anything I should be aware of, or is it as straight forward as getting the OPERATORS permit?

You only need it if the aircraft is flying outside of the U.S.

Need is a strong word ;)

Last edited:
Easy peasy but expensive and only good for 10 years, and does not survive ownership transfer.

Easy peasy but expensive and only good for 10 years, and does not survive ownership transfer.

This is the problem, same owner but new entity. Therfore I am going to be getting all new RVSM,NOAA and FFC details worked out.

Expensive, really? It's $65 I believe.
Try $165. It's a $65 application fee and a $100 regulatory fee. For a piece of paper that accomplishes basically nothing and that you shouldn't really need in the first place (requires no testing, anyone can get one just by submitting the form, etc) I consider it expensive.

Last edited:
Try $165. It's a $65 application fee and a $100 regulatory fee. For a piece of paper that accomplishes basically nothing and that you shouldn't really need in the first place (requires no testing, anyone can get one just by submitting the form, etc) I consider it expensive.

I agree

Yes, $16.50 per year for its 10 year period is an outrage. I doubt if I would ever want to fly across the border to Canada if it costs me sooooooooo much.

My friend...has done plenty of flying up north without a station license or even a operators license. Not exactly much TC or other can do, nor have I heard of anyone ever being asked to show their paperwork.

Back