FCC/Lightsquared Comments End Today July 30

tparsons

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tyler Parsons
Comments to the FCC on Lightsquared's broadband proposal in the GPS spectrum end today. If you value GPS for air or terrestial navigation, I suggest you submit a comment.

GPS World has simple instructions on how to comment at http://www.gpsworld.com/survey/lightsquared-comments-i-submitted-fcc-11927?utm_source=GPS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Survey-Scene_07_27_2011&utm_content=lightsquared-comments-i-submitted-fcc-11927. Prepare and save your comments on your computer as a text file, wordprocessor file, etc. I assume they will also accept pdf. If you can, use a letterhead form. At the bottom of the FCC form, you have to opportunity to browse your own computer for the file you want to upload.

There are about 2500 comments, not nearly enough to really get the FCC's attention, and the politicians who have submitted seem to have bought Lightsquared's propaganda. Scanning through the comments, I didn't see AOPA anywhere, but they may (hopefully) have made comments previously. John Deere and NBAA were in there.

Back