FBO's W&B Sheet Inaccurate

It's called deregistration:

Deregistered Aircraft
  • An aircraft that has been removed from the U.S. Civil Aircraft Register at the owner's request. Aircraft are generally removed for the following reasons: exported, destroyed, salvaged, dismantled, or permanently retired from service.

Yes, I understand that, but why would one de-register a plane they own and rent?

This is a stupidly simple issue, but an issue nonetheless. Every place where I've rented airplanes with optional wheel pants had two weight and balance sheets inside the airplane: one for wheel pants, and one without. This eliminated the entire problem of when Chief CFI wants the wheel pants off but Renter Joe wants them on for the long cross country he's taking at the end of the month. The paperwork can be in order for both. I do the same thing with my C150 in the off chance the wheel pants ever get put back on.

If this place can't get AROW right, who knows what else they have wrong.

I will bet dollars to donuts if ramp checked a fed isn't going to go through the W&B and check each piece of equipment.

That doesn't make it okay, but I really wouldn't worry about a ramp check.

I will bet dollars to donuts if ramp checked a fed isn't going to go through the W&B and check each piece of equipment.

That doesn't make it okay, but I really wouldn't worry about a ramp check.

Agreed. I'd be more worried about renting from idiots who can't do simple paperwork.

Back