FBOs to rent from around KCRQ

ErnDollas

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ErnDollas
My family will be going to Oceanside for a vacation in a few weeks and I was batting around the idea of getting checked out at a local FBO and taking my wife and kids up for a flight along the coast. Does anyone have advice on where would be the best, or if I should not even attempt it and just enjoy my time playing in the sand? I looked up KCRQ on airnav.com and the only place I could find was the flying club based out of there.

My family will be going to Oceanside for a vacation in a few weeks and I was batting around the idea of getting checked out at a local FBO and taking my wife and kids up for a flight along the coast. Does anyone have advice on where would be the best, or if I should not even attempt it and just enjoy my time playing in the sand? I looked up KCRQ on airnav.com and the only place I could find was the flying club based out of there.

Earlier in my piloting, there's no way I wouldn't have gotten checked out and flown in a new location and glad I did them with films too. Now, less important but, still pursued when an opportunity is convenient enough.

Pacific Coast Flyers or Plus One do require to become club member in order to rent.

Check out www.pcflyers.org I think you can join and become a club member for a month. Then freeze your membership until your next visit .

Last edited:
Take a look at Pinnacle Aviation, I did my PPL a few years (okay more than a decade) ago and the outfit was really clean and professional back then. I was looking at a CFI job back home (I consider NoSD my home) so I know of at least 3 FBOs with rentals on CRQ.

I would highly suggest flying in SoCal, its a gorgeous place to fly...a mix of mountains, beach, and city flying. Just be aware that its very congested airspace, and during your checkout make a point to pick the CFI's brain on all things local (some local procedures required) as well as a ground floor introduction to SoCal approach.

I miss flying out that way, fortunately I have my beautiful florida beaches to keep me company.

Pinnacle is the most expensive place to rent. Just saying...

Back