FBO recommendations at PSP and IFP

Don Jones

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DJones
We are flying to Palm Springs for Thanksgiving, staying a couple of nights and then flying to Laughlin. Judging from comments on Airnav, I am thinking about using Atlantic Aviation at PSP. Any experiences good or bad?
Any recommendations at Laughlin(ISP)?
Don

Don Jones said:
We are flying to Palm Springs for Thanksgiving, staying a couple of nights and then flying to Laughlin. Judging from comments on Airnav, I am thinking about using Atlantic Aviation at PSP. Any experiences good or bad?
Any recommendations at Laughlin(ISP)?
Don

Skip Laughlin. Sun Western wont let you back in the gate after hours to get to your plane unless you pay the 45 bucks. I am boycotting them. Goto Havasu instead, fuel is cheaper at Sun western there.
Atlantic at PSP is top notch. they will treat you like a star, and have a very impressive lounge/staff. They have called for hotel reservations for me, got me a rental, and treated me like i was a jet driver. Also a big plus, the girls at the counter are easy on the eyes :yes:.

Never went to PSP, I used Thermal instead. Fuel was reported as being cheaper, and XXXXXMillionairXXXXX gave great service, including car rental. Depending on where you're going, TRM may be as convenient.

**********Edit: just noted that Millionair is now Signature. Given my other experiences at Signature facilities, I'd avoid Signature like the plague. There is another FBO at TRM, never tried it, so can't recommend.*********

Last edited:
I've used them both. The one on the left as you land 13 had a ramp fee if you didn't buy fuel; overnight fees wheren't cheap. Fuel was expensive. O.K. FBO, but a little older.

Across the field, right landing 13 used to be Million Air. Nicer, newer facility. They were out of 100LL the time I stopped and not very apolegetic about it; long line of jet folks trying to pay their bill and leave. (This was right after the change over and it all may have improved now.)

If you need PSP, be prepared for it to busy and expensive--like any big city, close in airport. There are more affordable alternatives if you don't want the convenience of being right here. But if you need to be in the middle of things, very nice facilities, very nice staff. No fuel discounts I could wrangle <g>

Best,

Dave

KPSP - I've only used Signature. I flew in last year for New Years, and left the Bo behind when the Falcons and Challengers were reporting severe ice and turbulence. $80 for Tiedowns. Once I met the month price, they stopped charging me for the overnight fees. The montly tie down gave me free parking or something at other Signatures for the month. I never used it though.

KIFP - You get Sun Western. They're actually not that bad. Even if they do charge you for a late night access to the ramp.

I'll be in Bullhead/Laughlin Friday-Sunday after thanksgiving. Stop in and say hi. Post flight beer is on me. Send me a PM and I'll pass along my contact info.

And Michael, I'll come visit Havasu one of these days. Even if it's just a quick turn to check out the... FBO. :D

*edit* I think you can get let out at KIFP by the Fire Department on the field. :)

Back