FBO / Parking at Sacramento Executive (KSAC) ?

schmookeeg

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Mike Brannigan
Hi all,

We're doing an angel flight into KSAC on Friday. Airnav says the "comments are suppressed at the request of the FBO" which, in my mind, means "this FBO sucks bigtime".

A call to "Sacramento Jet Center" reveals a $25 ramp feewaived with 25 gallons of fuel priced $1.70 more than my home field (aka bad deal)

I asked if they waived the fee for angel flights, and they didn't know. They also didn't know when the manager who would make such a decision would be back -- they said "I think it might be reduced... but Im not sure"

Not terribly inspiring.

We have the option of picking up our passenger somewhere else -- but if these guys are worth the stop, I don't mind plush facilities. We're just flying a Bonanza.

AM interested in any local knowledge you might have to impart :D

Thanks!

- Mike

Park just behind the SS fuel pump (NNE of the TWR). It's not too far to walk to the terminal.

Last edited:
There's no need to use the FBO if you're just picking someone up (the FBO is ok, btw.). Upon landing, say you'll park "at the base of the tower", and do just that. You'll see a tiedown area less than 30 yards from the tower that is right in front of the terminal. If you're just going to be there for 20 minutes, I'd just pull up right in front of the gate there and not even bother with the tie down spots.

-Felix

The tower base is perfect for us -- although I'm concerned that they worded it "facility fee", hopefully the fact that my passenger is blind will allow them to find some compassion and not try to shake us down :D

MHR is on the short list, but the SAC ILS is inviting, given the forecasts at the moment... cursed valley fog you guys get :smile:

Thanks for the 411. AirNav used to be awesome at this sort of fact-finding...

Back