Faxing fr computer

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I have a pdf and a word doc I want to fax to xxx-xxx-xxxx,
how do I proceed?
I felt genius to finally figure how to text to phone from computer, but this one is new to me.

Toshiba/WinXPPro/Seamonkey mail browser

Thanks

Print it out and use a fax machine. :D

Actually, I had to do this a few years ago, but I have no clue how I did it now. I think I used some free online service that would allow me to upload it and they would send the fax for me.

Chances are, your computer has a dial-up modem. If you have a landline, you could send it that way I'm sure.

Dave,

I use FaxZero.com for those occasional needs. It's free for up to two faxes per day with the document being up to 3 pages, and you get an email confirmation of when it was sent / received by the recipient's fax machine.

Thanks, that worked great Troy.
I can receive faxes, prob just need to set it up for outgoing faxes.
I note in the dropdown of the print window a Fax option but it appears to require the use of the fax machine ("Lexmark Fax")

Do you have a Lexmark Fax machine on your network, or a Lexmark multi-function fax/copier/scanner/printer on your network or attached via USB? If so, and if it's connected to a phone line, you can just "print" to your "fax" just like you would to your printer. The computer's "print dialog box" will prompt you for the number you want to dial, if you want to include a cover sheet, etc. and will then send the "print job" to the fax machine and send it over the phone lines.

Here's Lexmark's "how to fax" page: http://support.lexmark.com/index?pa...ode=&segment=SUPPORT&question=How+do+I+fax?#1

Just pick the right document for your model printer.

Last edited:
I've used efax.com (which is a pay service - not free) to send and receive faxes without a fax machine (or phone line) this kind of thing. But, at the time, I was sending/receiving more work related faxes. Nowadays, I refuse to do anything with faxes. I have found that most places will relent and allow me to send a .pdf attached to email. Or, a USPS mail.

I have a pdf and a word doc I want to fax to xxx-xxx-xxxx,
how do I proceed?
I felt genius to finally figure how to text to phone from computer, but this one is new to me.

Toshiba/WinXPPro/Seamonkey mail browser

Thanks

I've used efax.com (which is a pay service - not free) to send and receive faxes without a fax machine (or phone line) this kind of thing. But, at the time, I was sending/receiving more work related faxes. Nowadays, I refuse to do anything with faxes. I have found that most places will relent and allow me to send a .pdf attached to email. Or, a USPS mail.

I'm pretty much the same way, except that I won't absolutely refuse. I just try to get correspondents to use some other method. I hate faxes. I really don't know why. I just do. Maybe because it's such an obsolete technology with so many better alternatives.

-Rich

OK now I need to do the reverse, send from a fax machine, to my traveling laptop w net access. about 10 pages.

Buy a mini-portable scanner, and take it on the road. Use Email.

The only reason I have faxes is the FAA's view of antivirus is, "you send us faxes and we scan them". They have a point there.....but it is klugy.

ps I found someone with an online fax service. We faxed to the service, and emailed to me in Mexico....fixed!

Back