Favorite Pax / Dream Pax

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Who was your all time favorite passanger?

If you could fly with anyone in the world dead or alive who you never flew with, who would it be?

Haven't had a passenger.

Wish I could fly my dad.

My woman
Jack Palance of Samuel L Jackson just to work the radios.

I dunno but it seems that lots of folks claimed (via bumper sticker) God was their co-pilot...

Right now I'd like Obama to take a little ride over the mountains with me. I'm a'thinkin' he'd see things just a little clearer after a few close passes at the rocks...:D

(it's a joke, son, a joke. I say again, just a joke, no need to get all 'cited)

#1) My wife.

#2) My dad.

My woman
Jack Palance of Samuel L Jackson just to work the radios.

Heh Either of those would be awesome on the radio! I'd love to hear Samuel L Jackson in his Plup Fiction voice when he qoutes scripture.

As for me,

My Favorite Passanger was my daughter, When she was 8 she was so excited to fly and now at 16 1/2 its one of the few times she thinks I am cool.

As for the Pax I'd like to fly, wow that is a tough one, there are a few
My Brother for one, My dad again
and my father in law z'l He was the kind of guy who would have found places he wanted to go JUST so we could fly there.

Ok - I'm gonna get alot of crap for this . . . . but here goes -

In 1998-2004 I was representing a couple of family who operated gentlemans clubs. They always got lots of abuse from the everyone from the state police to the liquor authority to wage and hour - and the girls were ALWAYS getting into trouble somewhere involving being stupid more than anything - I would represent the club in labor disputes against their staff and no one seemed to mind that I also repped some of the dancers in minor crap -and they always paid me money so don't get any ideas there - I'm not the kind to dip in that kind of well.

Toward the end of this adventure my cousin told me that there were 2 girls who heard I was a pilot and they wanted to spend the day on the Vineyard in August - apparently they were really high earners which given that business means you don't even want them to touch your arm - I said no. My cousin said - I'll pay you your hourly rate, just take em. So I did - 2 dancers who wore basically nothing on the airplane or at beach. They, unlike some of the others, were actually pretty decent girls who just liked taking money from men. There this beach on the NE side of the Vineyard . . . I came home with tanlines but they didn't - so THEY were my favorite passengers.

Dead or Alive? Wilbur or Orville - so they could what they created. . . .

My dad was my fave pax. You know after all the money he poured into me getting my license, the look he had on his face I knew made it all worth it to him.

Chuck Yeager

Ike and Tina Turner. I think they were scared to death the whole time, because they didn't say a word (Aztec).

Bob Gardner

#1) My wife.

#2) My dad.

Ditto. And friend's kids. And soon the nephews.

Way down the list, but still fun, was the local FM radio personality for the Women in Flight Day a few years ago. No offense to her, but family first.

No doubt, my Dad; wish I could have flown my mom, but by the time I was flying, she was on O2 all the time and general consensus was that she'd have a hard time with most any altitude.

Last time my Dad flew with me was the day my Mom passed, and after all the crying and eating (lunch) was over, everyone went their way to grieve in their own way and I sure did not want to leave my Dad alone; I had just gotten the Bonanza, and asked if he just wanted to go fly and look at the countryside... and he said yes. Calm, cool day, we just loafed around and looked, said very little.

Surely would have loved, loved, loved to have flown with Gordon Baxter, with whom I believe I would have gotten along just fine. He was without a doubt a BS artist like me, only much better at it.

Who was your all time favorite passenger(s)?
My mom and Aunt Marion.

If you could fly with anyone in the world dead or alive who you never flew with, who would it be?
Spock or Captain Kirk.

No doubt, my Dad; wish I could have flown my mom, but by the time I was flying, she was on O2 all the time and general consensus was that she'd have a hard time with most any altitude.

Last time my Dad flew with me was the day my Mom passed, and after all the crying and eating (lunch) was over, everyone went their way to grieve in their own way and I sure did not want to leave my Dad alone; I had just gotten the Bonanza, and asked if he just wanted to go fly and look at the countryside... and he said yes. Calm, cool day, we just loafed around and looked, said very little.

Surely would have loved, loved, loved to have flown with Gordon Baxter, with whom I believe I would have gotten along just fine. He was without a doubt a BS artist like me, only much better at it.

I flew my mom for the first time 3 weeks ago, last flight I made in the Cherokee. After the Bo purchase, I called my dad to prod him about being scared of flying (he never flew in an airplane his entire life). He still wasn't going to ride with me... but he might one day. I scheduled Jesse to fly the Bo back and figured one day i'd eventually get him in there with me. 5 days before we were to go pick up the plane (Saturday before last), my mother called and said he'd had what they thought was a mild stroke, turned out to be an ascending aortic dissection and he never recovered from the arch replacement surgery. Passed away Aug 1st. The last time I talked to him in good spirits, not drugged on morphine was me razzing him about flying with me in the Bonanza one day.

Right now, I'd just take a Bo CFI, got one at the hangar, and no way to go fly it...

I flew the father of one of our members for what was to be his final flight in a GA aircraft. Frail as he was, I could tell how much he (a former pilot) was enjoying the experience.

My dream passenger is another member, who will remain anonymous.

But. It's not Kimberly, Ron, or Captain. :D:D:D

Last edited:
My father was one of the biggest supporters of my dream to fly. He would take me and my siblings down to Newark airport when we were kids (on the bus, he couldn't drive), just so that I could see the airplanes.

When I was no more than 5 or 6 years old, I looked up one night at an airliner flying over our house. I couldn't believe it was possible to fly in the dark so I asked dad how could they do that. He said something about pilots having instruments.

My dad felt bad that he and mom couldn't afford to send me to flight school but they never stopped encouraging me to follow my dreams.

He passed away on Oct 1st 1991. I got my PPL on Oct 2nd, 1999. Bittersweet. He was with me in spirit for sure! I wish to God he was with me physically, because I'm sure dad would have been my first and favorite passenger! Mom passed in 1994. She would have been my second :)

Dream pax :dunno:

Last edited:
Ike and Tina Turner. I think they were scared to death the whole time, because they didn't say a word (Aztec).

Bob Gardner

That is too cool Bob. Ike finally had to behave, huh?

Ekatarina Federova, and she is a dream pax... Never a boring moment.

I flew Robert Redford once. Very quiet, very nice person. Very private. We maintained a policy of not talking with the clients unless they engaged us. At the end of the return flight, however, on the chance I might not fly him again, I stepped out of the airplane, and shook his hand. I explained that one of my favorite movies is The Great Waldo Pepper, and told him thanks, it always meant a lot to me.

He laughed, and very humbly noted that he did his own stunts in that movie, and allowed that he's scared to death of heights, and was afraid during the entire filming. I couldn't blame him. I'm afraid of heights, too.

I've flown quite few celebrities, but he was one of the nicest and most reserved. Very much in person as he is on screen.

My favorite passengers, however, have all been dead. No trouble at all. Not a single complaint.

I don't really have a favorite passenger that I can think of. I can't even recall having any "bad" passengers for that matter.

As for the dream passenger? Henning!

Oh, wait. No, he'd be my personal pilot.

Wouldn't it be a hoot to take ol' Lindy for a ride... Charles Lindbergh? He'd be blown away by the advances in avionics and airframes. Check this out, Lindy, it's an iPad....

My favorite was Winnie who always wanted to be a Pan Am flight attendant, but was too short. She's in her 80s now and has health problems. She is the most enthusiastic!

If I could fly someone else who is dead, it would be my Father. Possibly my Mother, if she wanted to go. Beyond that, I'd like to fly with my grandchildren. Maybe someday.

my favorite passengers are usually the ones that fall asleep

My dad always wanted to be a pilot but with 6 kids and a farmer / trucker income, it just wasn't possible. But he always had buddies who could fly and he was able to get in the air quite a bit.

When I passed my checkride, I offered him a ride and we went up on a beautiful day, and he did a pretty good job on the controls.

Sadly, he passed away early this year. I'd like to have one more flight with him.

Here's a photo from that flight - my brother is on the left, dad in the middle, me hugging the plane.

Attachments

• dadplane.jpg
    dadplane.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 28
Favorite passenger? A friend of mine.
Me: Hey, wanna see a steep turn?
Him: SURE!
Me: (does a steep turn)
Him: sissy. I thought it would be 90 degrees.
Me: What about a stall?
Him: Bring it!
Me: (doing a power-off stall)
Him: meh. I expected it to be more roller-coaster-y

Least exciting passenger: My girlfriend. She typically falls asleep during the flight.

Someone I wish I could take up on a flight: My grandfather. He passed away in 1991 from cancer. But he was a bomber navigator and radio operator with Red Army, and during WW2 he participated in bombing raids in Berlin.

My favorite passenger, a few years back I flew Bob Denver (Gilligan) When he came out to the plane I thought it was a joke. He had the white hat that he had worn on the Tv show. He has since passed away.

I was really looking to fly Ginger, and Maryanne

Who was your all time favorite passanger?
That would have to be my Bride. My best friend and cheerleader throughout my quest for the PPL and instument ticket.

A no brainer, this would have to be my Dad. He left us in 98 and it still feels like last week. A great teacher, friend, father and family man.

Einstein, Ghandi, Jefferson, you name it. To be able to have one of the great minds of our time with no one to interrupt ranks way up there on all time amazing fantasies. Then again, so does getting hot and sweaty with my favorite underwear model. But I digress.

Of course, my favorite actual passenger is, was, and is always Mrs. Steingar. Gotta say that, she might read these things.

Back