Favorite Nintendo Wii Games

flygirl34q

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
-
For all of you that have a Nintendo Wii... what is your favorite game(s)?? I have traded my old original 8-bit Nintendo from the 1980's for the Wii and am looking forward to having fun with it! Welcome to the 21st century of gaming! :D

i still have my NES and a few other video game systems in a box somewhere. haven't played them since college.

my brother and sister have a Wii and I like to play bowling on it.

Bowling is great. All pilots need Wii Sports Resort. It has bowling, sword fighting and dog fighting.

Mario Cart is fun.

I like Wii Fit Plus too.

There is a great virtual Gourd drying game on Wii.:rofl:

Well, I'll bet the virtual ones dry faster than the real ones! Uggh... it's going to be awhile before I'm ready to do the fun part with those gourds I found over the weekend. :(

Perhaps in the meantime, I can finish reading the TWO thick instruction manuals plus the Quick Start Guide that came with the Wii!

Mariokart is certainly worth it.
007 Goldeneye will be released in November, and it's supposed to b e very good. I'll buy that.
Bowling is still the best, though, because you can play with friends and not be accused of being a video game nerd.
AND: get Netflix and run it through your Wii. It is great.

LOL... Bowling was the very first game I tried after making my Mii virtual person look like me and setting up the internet through our wireless connection in the house. I should make one for Christopher which I can make really funny since he's "hair challenged" and now has to wear glasses to read anything with small print and I have been teasing him about it. :eek: I'm having a lot of fun with it so far... the system is easy to use and you don't have to be a geek to figure it out right out of the box! Wooo hooo! It sure is better than that Nintendo 8-bit system from 1985 I used to have! :rolleyes2: I sure couldn't get the internet on it! WAS there an internet back then?? :dunno:

It sure is better than that Nintendo 8-bit system from 1985 I used to have! :rolleyes2: I sure couldn't get the internet on it! WAS there an internet back then?? :dunno:
Yes, but Al Gore was busy troubleshooting it before he released it to the public.

Mario Kart is really fun...and the new Super Mario bros is fun too...it's a sidescroller, but with definition...if that makes sense.

If you like science fiction/first person shooters, look into the Metroid Prime trilogy.

House of the Dead -- nothing relaxes me more after a hard day than offing a bunch of zombies

I'm having a lot of fun with the Wii! :) I'm currently bidding in an Ebay auction for the Wii Fit Plus and the Balance Board. The current price is under $40.99 so far which is a steal of a deal if I can get it. I went to Best Buy yesterday to check them out and they are $100.00 retail. :( Blah... for something that let's be honest, really isn't a workout but a game disguised and marketed as one. But, you know, I just want it! I'm thinking I can use it as a fun warmup before doing an actual workout! :)

I'm having a lot of fun with the Wii! :) I'm currently bidding in an Ebay auction for the Wii Fit Plus and the Balance Board. The current price is under $40.99 so far which is a steal of a deal if I can get it. I went to Best Buy yesterday to check them out and they are $100.00 retail. :( Blah... for something that let's be honest, really isn't a workout but a game disguised and marketed as one. But, you know, I just want it! I'm thinking I can use it as a fun warmup before doing an actual workout! :)

Spoken like someone who's not tried to go all out to win one of the Wii Fit plus games. I'm not confusing it with a marathon or curciut training, but I have broke a sweat on some of them.... hoola hoop, boxing, and the obstical course after the fifth run through. It's not an real workout just like playing out side as a kid wasn't an real workout but it is excercise and you get out how much you put into it.

I'm looking forward to giving it a try then! My auction goes off at 9:30 or so tomorrow morning Cali time. I've been thinking about how much I want to bid over what I have there now, in case the bid goes higher. It's a little hard to believe that I might actually get Wii Fit Plus for $40.00. :( But hey... in the meantime, I went to Toys 'R Us this afternoon and bought a flying game! It's called WW2 Aces and I dug through the clearance bin and got it for $3.05. LOL... It was marked for $4.00, but it rang up for 30% off of that. Can't go wrong with that... you get to fly around in a warbird! :)

I'm looking forward to giving it a try then! My auction goes off at 9:30 or so tomorrow morning Cali time. I've been thinking about how much I want to bid over what I have there now, in case the bid goes higher. It's a little hard to believe that I might actually get Wii Fit Plus for $40.00. :( But hey... in the meantime, I went to Toys 'R Us this afternoon and bought a flying game! It's called WW2 Aces and I dug through the clearance bin and got it for $3.05. LOL... It was marked for $4.00, but it rang up for 30% off of that. Can't go wrong with that... you get to fly around in a warbird! :)

The flying games (that i have played) are more like flying a paper airplane then a real plane, but they are fun.

Target had the Wii Fit Plus for $77 this week on sale. Not sure if it's still on or not.

:) Got it for $52.00, Grant! :) I lost the auction I was talking about up there, but that is the beauty of Ebay... just jump in on another one! The shipping rate from the seller sucked at $16.00, but at $68.00 total, not bad! Can't wait to get it! :)

:) Got it for $52.00, Grant! :) I lost the auction I was talking about up there, but that is the beauty of Ebay... just jump in on another one! The shipping rate from the seller sucked at $16.00, but at $68.00 total, not bad! Can't wait to get it! :)

Measuring.
Measuring.
Measuring.

My faves: Rock Band and Wii Fit.

Sadly they both require extra plastic crud which litters your TV room.

Chris

I had a wii. Didn't use it. Sold it. I also have a PS3 I don't use. I very much prefer the XBox 360.

Tommy uses the xbox for playing, the Wii for watching Neflix movies.

Mariokart is certainly worth it.
007 Goldeneye will be released in November, and it's supposed to b e very good. I'll buy that.
Bowling is still the best, though, because you can play with friends and not be accused of being a video game nerd.
AND: get Netflix and run it through your Wii. It is great.

Goldeneye has been released!... saw it at Best Buy today when I was buying a cover for my balance board. It's a big chunky black box for a video game... wonder what is inside besides the game?? :confused:

Wii Fit Plus is fun! :D I didn't have time to try all of the games today, but I did try both of the step aerobics and the jogging. I'm kinda curious to see if the jogging game will work while I'm on our treadmill. The game sez I'm underweight for my height... BMI 18.2. WTH??! Uggh... and just when I was feeling like I really ought to get serious about getting down to the weight I think I should be and stay there. Well, I guess if the game told everyone that they looked fabulous and were perfect in every way, no one would be playing trying to improve! :rolleyes2:

Goldeneye has been released!... saw it at Best Buy today when I was buying a cover for my balance board. It's a big chunky black box for a video game... wonder what is inside besides the game?? :confused:

Wii Fit Plus is fun! :D I didn't have time to try all of the games today, but I did try both of the step aerobics and the jogging. I'm kinda curious to see if the jogging game will work while I'm on our treadmill. The game sez I'm underweight for my height... BMI 18.2. WTH??! Uggh... and just when I was feeling like I really ought to get serious about getting down to the weight I think I should be and stay there. Well, I guess if the game told everyone that they looked fabulous and were perfect in every way, no one would be playing trying to improve! :rolleyes2:
From what I've seen - I agree with the wii - there is no reason for you to be losing weight. If you want to do anything build muscle, gain weight, and tone up.

Back