Favorite Magazines

spdracer888

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
spdracer888
What are your favorite magazines? Other than Flying and Plane & Pilot are there others that's worth subscribing to?

***EDIT***
I meant favorite AVIATION magazines...so "Hot MILF" or "Buttman" are not what I was referring to. :D

Loop magazine... Free...ipad. Some good stuff, price is right.
Pilot getaways has some good ideas.

What ever is free on the FBO giveaway table.

IFR magazine. Great for keeping up. I don't have my IFR, but I'm studying for it. Great magazine.

Jim

I'm in the biz, so I can write off subscriptions. Having said that, I get:

Flying (freebie from NAFI membership; I wouldn't read it otherwise)
AOPA Pilot
Flight Training
NAFI Mentor
Aviation Safety
Aviation Consumer
IFR
IFRR
Plane and Pilot
EAA Sport Pilot
General Aviation News

Bob Gardner

Last edited:
30 rounders for any of the semi-auto rifles in the safe ... :D

Powered Sport Flying is the only one I receive by subscription.

There used to be a pretty good rag In-flight USA in the same spirit, only for the pilots of certificated craft. But I think they folded.

For some reason I never liked any of the more porpular magazines. I get membership magazines, but gosh they are boring. Flying is fun to read in the store and smirk at the authors, but I cannot imagine looking forward to it delivered. Kitplanes is like "what you could do if you were obscenely rich, retired, and widowed".

I think the most ridiculous aviation magazine I have ever seen is Twin and Turbine. Could be fun to gift-subscribe someone, see if they go on a murder spree from sheer envy.

:D:yes: Regrettably neither of my residential states allow anything more than 10.

I actually prefer using the smaller 10 rd mag for my Bushmaster, but they aren't allowed for CMP matches. So I use a few 10rd mags in the 20rd formfactor.

but on topic: I no longer subscribe to any aviation magazines.

I actually prefer using the smaller 10 rd mag for my Bushmaster, but they aren't allowed for CMP matches. So I use a few 10rd mags in the 20rd formfactor.

To be completely honest, all of my competition rifle shooting was "load a clip of 8" - (using the enbloc clip of 8 rnds in the M-1 Garand)

To be completely honest, all of my competition rifle shooting was "load a clip of 8" - (using the enbloc clip of 8 rnds in the M-1 Garand)

I went with the 223 because (1) a match-quality 223 rifle was significantly less expensive than a match M-1, (2) much less recoil, and (3) less expensive to reload because the bullets are cheaper and the powder charge is smaller.

Sometimes I wish I had the M-1 instead of the Bushmaster. I don't like the look of the AR-15, I much much prefer the classic lines of the M-1.

Back