Favorite Band?

Lots of front porch bands listed. All good...the first million times I heard them.

A few back forty groups worth mentioning...good stuff that hasn't been played on the radio until you're sick of 'em.

Tommy Bolin
Jeff Beck
T Rex
Be Bop Deluxe
Quicksilver Messenger Service
The Carolina Chocolate Drops
Jeff & Vida
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Robert Randolph & The Family Band
String Cheese Incident
Tommy Guerrero
Canned Heat
Stephen Stills (by himself)
Tab Benoit
Ween
Bruce Cockburn
Doucette
Keller & The Keels
Keb Mo
Leon Redbone
KT Tunstall
RL Burnside
Bela Fleck
Victor Wooten
The White Stripes
North Mississippi Allstars

Oh, and so many more...

Lot's of good ones in there. Saw Robert Randolf by accident when some friends took me to see Damien Marley. Robert Randolf absolutely blew me AWAY! every one in the band was absolutely top-notch!

Primus is one of the best there is! Even better now that Tim Alexander has re-joined the group. Looking forward to their annual New Years Eve concert in Oakland :rockon:

Heh. They're honestly not usually my first desire to listen to but they, like a lot of other stuff, are in my playlist.

I'll listen to anything well-performed, once. And it'll probably stay in my collection just in case.

There's probably not a musical genre that isn't in there somewhere. Thank goodness for smart playlists.

This too. I have This and love it.
ydyme4a9.jpg

Man, I would have loved to see that. I did get to see Doc Watson and Vassar Clements once. But they certainly don't get better than Ricky Scaggs.

Wynonna's Big Brown Beaver - one of my all time favorite music videos (do they even make those anymore?)

47 posts and still no mention of:

Cream
Blind Faith
Traffic
The James Gang

You guys are lame! :)

47 posts and still no mention of:

Cream
Blind Faith
Traffic
The James Gang

You guys are lame! :)

Definitely heroes of rock, and among my favorites. Only reason I'd say they don't rise to the very top is that they had flashes with greatness rather than continual longterm greatness.

Prodigy
Moby
Tiesto
Oakenfold
Gypsy kings
Stp
Nirvana
Ani difranco

Karl Densons Tiny Universe
Average White Band
Pet Shop Boys
Louis Armstrong
Queen
Supertramp
Chicago
Everlast
Roxy Music
Modest Mouse
The Cure
New Order
The Smiths
Bela Fleck & Flecktones
Depeche Mode
KD Lang
Deathcab for Cutie/Postal Service
Widespread Panic
theThe
Van Halen
ZZ Top
Talk Talk
Tears for Fears
Marvin Gaye (What's goin' on)
Garland Jeffreys
Grover Washington

Those are just the starter seed stations for Pandora, hit shuffle and let the fun begin. I like a wide variety of music, just to whittle it down to a few ain't happening.

Last edited:
Back