Favorite Aviation TV Show

flav8r

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
David
What is your favorite aviation related TV show?
It can be a TV show from the past or present.
It can be fictional or documentary style in nature, but it must be 1 hour or less.
We already have a thread on favorite Aviation Movies so I don't want to include movies.

Currently we have quite a few aviation related TV shows, probably more now than ever before.

Presently on-air shows

The Aviators (PBS)
The Flightline (Discovery)
Flying Wild Alaska (Discovery)
Ice Pilots (History Channel)
Airplane Repo

Previously Aired Shows

Baa Baa Black Sheep
Wings (Discovery Channel)
Wonderful World Of Flying

Last edited:
I never seen those only the alaska one but I do like the new Plane Xtreme on wether channel about ferrying planes.

Plane Xtreme on the weather channel was enjoyed by my family this past year. It follows a small aircraft delivery service in Florida as they pick up and deliver clients' planes all over the hemisphere. I can't wait for the next season.

Back in the eighties/nineties there was the show Wings on the Discovery Channel. I learned a lot about aviation history watching that show. The memories....

Tales of the Gold Monkey - early 80s for those unfamiliar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, Ripcord!!! I had completely forgotten that one. I wonder if anyone remembers Whirlybirds? Couple of chopper pilots making the world safe for innocent folk. I loved it.

Sky King was awesome but when you look at it now you think, Wait, he used a light plane to chase bad guys? Bill Bryson puts it like, "Attention you bad guys down there. Wait 'til I can make a safe landing and apprehend you." :rofl:

Still, I loved it.

My CFI would talk about Sky King but he was just enough older than me (about 5 years) that I had never heard of it.

We got a SKY KING ranch (a model of the buildings, barns, water tower, fences, airplane, people -- everything to make a complete miniature set) when we purchased our first TV, but the show was not on the one channel we could get, so I didn't have the faintest idea of who or what SKY KING was.

Yes, Ripcord!!! I had completely forgotten that one. I wonder if anyone remembers Whirlybirds? Couple of chopper pilots making the world safe for innocent folk. I loved it.

Sky King was awesome but when you look at it now you think, Wait, he used a light plane to chase bad guys? Bill Bryson puts it like, "Attention you bad guys down there. Wait 'til I can make a safe landing and apprehend you." :rofl:

Still, I loved it.

I think I vaguely remember Whirlybirds.

We only had one TV and lets just say they weren't the cartoon type...

Man.. I feel sorry for ya.... Any human that didn't watch and laugh at the coyote on the Roadrunner cartoon needs a hint to enjoy life..:yes:;)

Man.. I feel sorry for ya.... Any human that didn't watch and laugh at the coyote on the Roadrunner cartoon needs a hint to enjoy life..:yes:;)
Oh, I watched cartoons, including coyote and RR but not on Saturday mornings. I seem to recall watching them before dinner. Of course dinner meant the news. Booooring.

For those of us not old enough to witness The Last Supper...

Hah! Wonderful things happen to the memory when you sober up! It was bugging me all day long yesterday but now I remember it.

Spencer's Pilots. Some '70's adventure series about pilots that fight crimes and things like that.

Back