Favorite aviation sites outside of poa

calberto

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Calberto
whatre your guys' favorite aviation websites besides this forum?

I really like Beechtalk. The group is friendly & very knowledgeable. I started viewing the site last fall when I was considering buying an S-35 Bonanza. They seem willing to discuss all types of aircraft.

American Yankee (AYA). . .I think I want one, and they do have the scoop.

Also, Melmoth 2, Peter Garrison's multi-decade narrative about his one of a kind experimental. It's addictive, and the guy writes beautifully.

American Yankee (AYA). . .I think I want one, and they do have the scoop.

Also, Melmoth 2, Peter Garrison's multi-decade narrative about his one of a kind experimental. It's addictive, and the guy writes beautifully.
If you're into Grummans and their ilk, highly recommend signing up for Grumman Gang.

http://maps.avnwx.com/
Doesn't work well on tablets but is great site on a windows system. Set the options to include TFRs, winds aloft, TAFs etc. Very good for visualizing lines of non VFR conditions and weather movement.

Purple Board for Pilots; Pacific Northwest Flying; Barnstormers; Airliners.net
Which one is the purple board again? I can't remember all of the colors for each forum.

This. BT is where I go for my knowledge base.

I really like Beechtalk. The group is friendly & very knowledgeable. I started viewing the site last fall when I was considering buying an S-35 Bonanza. They seem willing to discuss all types of aircraft.

If you're into Grummans and their ilk, highly recommend signing up for Grumman Gang.
I'm dithering, between experimental (RV, LongEZ) and something certified; no more Cessna or Piper, for sure. . .I'll look at Grumman Gang, thanks!

Controller and TradeAplane

That confirms it- you're a 16 year old girl. A lot of things make more sense now.
the flying friends group on fb is pretty cool. The food and politics stuff, I street clear of

Beech talk. I must admit I started over there learning more about my -35. I'm there most for a couple of reasons: pretty strict "no politics" rules and the "X"(I call it the shut up feature) on the message listing.

Some of you have some rather strong opinions- and I'm personally too busy to sort through the BS. (Part of the reason I've basically given up on Facebook. )

Beech talk. I must admit I started over there learning more about my -35. I'm there most for a couple of reasons: pretty strict "no politics" rules and the "X"(I call it the shut up feature) on the message listing.

Some of you have some rather strong opinions- and I'm personally too busy to sort through the BS. (Part of the reason I've basically given up on Facebook. )

I'm pretty strong opinionated, but you know why too. I can't stand misinformation, conjecture and pure BS.

sounds like 'the internet' might not be the place for you..........

I've often just tuned out but like crack, I get a little taste one and then binge.

Aviation sites,

Backcountrypilot

kathryn's report

black pilots of america.

yeah, it exists.

Purple Board. Also, recently they decriminalized the use of the F word.

Oh, and before it went crappy, I used to frequent the Piper Owner Society board. Piperforum.com is its replacement, founded and subsequently sold by a former deposed POA member with a reputation of being a BBQ snob.

Is the Red Board dead?
Which one was red board?

What are all of the colors of the boards and the websites that coincide with their colors?

Is the Red Board dead?

No, but the participation seems to be way down. Some of the bad actors (IMO) seem to have left, but they morted a few of the good ones along the way.

Dr Bruce is still active on the AOPA (red) board). It's pretty much still strictly aviation. No other social aspects. I scan the new posts several times a week. Usually good stuff on new regs and such.

What, no votes for Pilot Spin? :D

Back