Fatal LongRanger Crash, Southwest Ohio, 7/30

Power lines, vehicular traffic and spraying are often found in close proximity.

The collateral damage does not surprise this former ag pilot.

RIP

As a local we seem to have an unusual proliferation of helicopter sprayers this season as opposed to the AT's and other fixed wings that have been prevalent the prior years. I saw one about 20 miles south of this incident the day after buzzing a 2 laner state route low enough to cause the guy in an RV (the vehicle version not the aircraft) coming in the opposing lane almost crash when he jammed the brakes / swerved to avoid it. Tis the season I guess.

As a local we seem to have an unusual proliferation of helicopter sprayers this season as opposed to the AT's and other fixed wings that have been prevalent the prior years. I saw one about 20 miles south of this incident the day after buzzing a 2 laner state route low enough to cause the guy in an RV (the vehicle version not the aircraft) coming in the opposing lane almost crash when he jammed the brakes / swerved to avoid it. Tis the season I guess.
I've been noticing them more often in IA this year also.

I saw an aircraft coming head on close to a highway I thought we were going to collide I hit the brakes. I tried to catch it next time on video but was unsuccessful.

Back