Fat Albert Video

Nice flying.
Still not as cool as a 130 doing a LAPES drop, IMO.

The blue and gold version, not Cosby

http://video.wired.com/watch/alpha-geek-capt-katie-higgins-of-the-blue-angels

Cool bit happens at 0:30, watch the crew behind the PIC.

I know I'm kind of an odd duck, but I love that airframe so much. I can't think of anything that can do all it can do. Deliver fuel in the air, or on the ground. LAPES drops, gunship, land on short dirt strips, ice runways... even some carrier landings without a tail hook! Truly an awesome piece of machinery.

I know I'm kind of an odd duck, but I love that airframe so much. I can't think of anything that can do all it can do. Deliver fuel in the air, or on the ground. LAPES drops, gunship, land on short dirt strips, ice runways... even some carrier landings without a tail hook! Truly an awesome piece of machinery.

I agree.

If I had to do my post college life over again, I would love to be a pilot of one.

You forgot throw 64 human "lawn darts" out in about 60sec, after getting lost somewhere in NC "flying nap of the earth" and making about 30 of those lawn darts throw up.
The smell of vomit and JP4 is a weird mix. and not a good weird. :D

Lived nest door to the joint reserve base in Belle Chasse ,LA for a number of years, when they were in town I could watch from my porch near the end of the runway, always a good show and very impressive to watch the herc doing maneuvers.

Back