Farnsworth Lantern (FALANT) in CT?

U

Unregistered

If anyone knows where I can take the Farnsworth Lantern (FALANT) test somewhere in Connecticut please let me know. I have been having trouble finding a place to get my color vision restriction SODA via FALANT.

Note that test is "harder" than the dots...check with medical schools for optometrists and opthamologists in your area to find a someone with the equipment. The school might have it to train doctors.

I put harder in quotes 'cause the difficulty will really be based on your type of color deficiency. All of the non aviation specific tests make you tell the difference between blue and purple (and other combinations that have nothing to do with aviation lights - certain chart markings excluded but there are other ways to tell that too). If you have a red deficency you won't be able to tell the difference between blue and purple on the Farnsworth test but you might still be able to tell pure red from green and white on the light signal test from the tower (fire trucks aren't invisible right). In the green look for the slight bit of blue. Try all of the approved test just in case...if you miss them then ask the FAA to take the SODA with the tower light gun test.

Good luck.

Len

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back