FAR AIM Inner vs Middle Marker

KATL has multiple. 26L, 27R.
Nope. The MM on 27R, 8R, 26L, and 9L were all permanently decommissioned in February of this year.

At least one of the plates still has it... another one to report (though we may have just missed the charting cycle on that since the current plates are dated only a couple of days after the NOTAM eff date).

Last edited:
Nope. The MM on 27R, 8R, 26L, and 9L were all permanently decommissioned in February of this year.

At least one of the plates still has it... another one to report (though we may have just missed the charting cycle on that since the current plates are dated only a couple of days after the NOTAM eff date).
I have Jepps on my ForeFLight. Three ATL ILS charts still show MMs: 26L, 27R, and 9L. But, these three also have "MM OTS" NOTAMS that pop up with the chart.

The decommission date was Feb 25. The current chart cycle was effective Feb 28. I sent the FAA a reminder on these.

The decommission date was Feb 25. The current chart cycle was effective Feb 28. I sent the FAA a reminder on these.
The charts probably closed 10-15 days prior to the current cycle. So long as there are current NOTAMs, they are covered.

!ATL 02/280 (KATL A1049/19) ATL NAV ILS RWY 09L MM OUT OF SERVICE 1902251100-PERM

!ATL 02/279 (KATL A1048/19) ATL NAV ILS RWY 27R MM OUT OF SERVICE 1902251100-PERM

!ATL 02/278 (KATL A1047/19) ATL NAV ILS RWY 08R MM OUT OF SERVICE 1902251100-PERM

!ATL 02/277 (KATL A1046/19) ATL NAV ILS RWY 26L MM OUT OF SERVICE 1902251100-PERM

Could be worse than 10-15 days. I've sometimes found it takes a whole chart cycle to get stuff through if not deemed urgent. Anyhow, three days was certainly within the process margin.

Could be worse than 10-15 days. I've sometimes found it takes a whole chart cycle to get stuff through if not deemed urgent. Anyhow, three days was certainly within the process margin.
No doubt.
I am speaking of the time the FAA charting folks have to revise charts between the time an AIRAC cycle is effective and revised source is available to them. Nav aids are supplemental data to regulatory source.

Found one today! KMCI Kansas City Intl 01R. And it actually works.

Back