FAR/AIM 2013 Digital version ?

odachoo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Odachoo
Does anybody know where to download FAR/AIM 2013 digital version?

Last edited:
Lots of FAR/AIM apps available at iTunes for iDevice users, although the "2013" edition really only contains the update from Aug 2012 -- the Feb 2013 update isn't out yet. But when it does, my Foreflight app will download it automatically.

I use FASTFAR from Dauntless Aviation. It is pretty current and includes AIM and a Pilot Glossary. There is a free version you can use to check out whether it fits your needs. It has a good search function (even if it isn't exactly lightning fast). And for a few bucks, you get periodic updates to both the FAR/AIMs and the program.

Does anybody know where to download FAR/AIM 2013 digital version?

If you want to obtain them for free, the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) prints the annual editions of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), including “Title 14” which relates to “Aeronautics and Space.” You can download Title 14’s “volumes” as giant PDFs, or its “subchapters” as big PDFs, or its “parts” as even smaller PDFs.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/browse/collectionCfr.action?collectionCode=CFR

The GPO site only shows the annual editions through 2012 right now (1/4/13), but I imagine that the 2013 edition will show up soon. Cap’n Ron suggests February, which sounds about right.

I think that the eCFR site (electronic Code of Federal Regulations) stays more current because, according to the GPO site, it “is a regularly updated, unofficial editorial compilation of CFR material and Federal Register amendments.” However, as far as I can tell, eCFR doesn’t let you download them as a PDF. Maybe that works for you, maybe not.

On the AIM, I'm not sure of the update frequency, but you can download PDFs from the FAA here:

http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/

Joe

There is no such thing as a "2013 FAR/AIM" (or any year for that matter) from the Government. The AIM is published every other year (last was February 2012 with three change notices every six months in between, last was July 2012).

The FARs are updated each January as far as the "annual edition" goes, but in fact, the OFFICIAL version is whatever they were last revised to which can happen at any time in the year. The NTSB 830 is part of Title 49 and is updated in October.

What ASA or Jepp or TAB puts in the volume they call "FAR/AIM 2013" is a figment of their interpretation as to what is current at the time they publish it.

I put out ebook FAR and AIM. The AIM a couple weeks after its change/update cycle and the FAR in January and July unless I hear about an update of interest to most pilots and will cut a special copy.

Check your favorite ebook store for 'chartbundle'. I will point out that the FAR is huge since I'm lazy and just include all of 14CFR 1-198(and a few of the 49 CFR sections).

I bought the ASA iPad app. They update it whenever the FAA releases updates. I like the layout and the way it works.

I used to be a subscriber to the Summit Aviation disks, but I really detested the reader software (Folio). When almost everything I cared about became available handily from the FAA or GPO or whatever online, I stopped subscribing.

Loren, what exactly is it called? I see one for 9.99

Last edited:
Back