FAR 135 position opens up after Beaver amphib crash, story

Dave Krall CFII

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES, Cmcl HELI
PIX link: http://www.kirotv.com/news/16318858/detail.html

(there are both land airports and water landing sites at both ends of the lake so a simple land plane might also be used?)

Forwarded from WSPA:

Hello Everyone,
I'm sure you all have been following the unfortunate accident that happened last weekend on lake Chelan. The Chelan Airways Beaver amphibious beaver was badly damaged in the accident and it was their only aircraft.
Yesterday I spoke with Jeffrey Soehren, one of the Principals of Chelan Airways, he mentioned that Brick is doing well. Chelan Airways though needs an aircraft and pilot to fly their schedule. They have a very full flying season on the books.
If you have an aircraft, or know of an aircraft that will qualify under FAR 135 and a pilot, here is an opportunity to put your aircraft to work. Please call Jeff at 425-503-0808 or you can email him at jsoehrn@msn.com .
Be careful out there...
Bee Sea n'ya,
Bruce Hinds, President
Washington Seaplane Pilots Association
Northwest Seabee Club
360-769-2311 home
360-710-5793 cell

Last edited:
PIX link: http://www.kirotv.com/news/16318858/detail.html

(there are both land airports and water landing sites at both ends of the lake so a simple land plane might also be used?)

Forwarded from WSPA:

Hello Everyone,
I'm sure you all have been following the unfortunate accident that happened last weekend on lake Chelan. The Chelan Airways Beaver amphibious beaver was badly damaged in the accident and it was their only aircraft.
Yesterday I spoke with Jeffrey Soehren, one of the Principals of Chelan Airways, he mentioned that Brick is doing well. Chelan Airways though needs an aircraft and pilot to fly their schedule. They have a very full flying season on the books.
If you have an aircraft, or know of an aircraft that will qualify under FAR 135 and a pilot, here is an opportunity to put your aircraft to work. Please call Jeff at 425-503-0808 or you can email him at jsoehrn@msn.com .
Be careful out there...
Bee Sea n'ya,
Bruce Hinds, President
Washington Seaplane Pilots Association
Northwest Seabee Club
360-769-2311 home
360-710-5793 cell

Wow.

A relative of an ex of mine owned Chelan Airways for a while. They are VERY busy, the week or so I spent up there I saw them fly by several times a day. I think most of their work comes from transporting people and goods back and forth from Stehekin, a city that can only be accessed via boat or air. Certainly some money to be made by whoever jumps on this opportunity. :yes:

Judging from the picture I would say there was a change the wheels were still down when he tried to land on the lake.

Back