Fantastic Site for Aviators

Well, they seem to have a funny idea of what copyright is. Found elsewhere on the Internet doesn't mean you're free to move it to your site. In addition, they have completely ILLEGAL PDF copies of some books there. Fortunately I know one of the authors and hopefully he'll be defending his rights against these scum buckets.

Nothing to recommend these bastards at ALL.

Unfortunately, they're in Germany which makes enforcement difficult.

I don't see where they are making money off this site, though I didn't go through the whole thing, as such the content is being used within the "Fair use" allowances for editorial and educational purposes best that I can see. Maybe someone with current copyright law knowledge can shed some light.

Money is irrelevant to copyright infringement. No way it would be construed as fair use in any type of litigation.

There is no way I can possibly see posting the complete Anderson textbook as PDF as "fair use."

That has to be a limited use, not the whole thing.

All of the FAA books are fine. The US government cannot hold copyrights. The rest of it is questionable at best.

I didn't know, then someone said those manuals are available for free from the FAA website.

Well, they seem to have a funny idea of what copyright is. Found elsewhere on the Internet doesn't mean you're free to move it to your site. In addition, they have completely ILLEGAL PDF copies of some books there. Fortunately I know one of the authors and hopefully he'll be defending his rights against these scum buckets.

Nothing to recommend these bastards at ALL.

Unfortunately, they're in Germany which makes enforcement difficult.

I agree with Ron 100%.

I agreed with Ron 96.7% but then I noticed at the bottom of their site they mentioned copyright by themselves, so I'm also up to 100%.

I can understand grouping the FAA handbooks in one place ,other than the FAA site. The rest of the manuals and guides are copyright infringement. IMO

Back