Fantastic Friday in '74! Hey Mods?

Jim Rosenow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Rosenow
I was wandering around my archives and came across what I think is a fascinating audio. It's a 30-minute-long recording of KOSH ATC from August 1, 1974, starting at the conclusion of the airshow. The traffic was out-of-hand and the controller, on the fly, split the frequencies between runways (I think for the first time...it's an old memory!...he used ground (121.9) for the 2nd freq) and established the gravel pit as a reporting point. I was fortunate enough to be sitting near the runway intersection while all this was going on with a $15 aviation receiver in my hand, although it is not my recording. I think years ago I downloaded it from somewhere. I found it, and still find, listening to it amazing.

The file in question is an MP3 of 16.8 MB....and the 'Upload a File' option doesn't see it (guessing too big?). I think especially the old-timers might like this memory. How can we get it here? I don't do drop-box or whatever. Thanks!

Jim

Last edited:
import the audio into video editing software, make it a 'video', upload to youtube and supply the youtube link

Yabutt....I don't have a youtube account either (or facebook for that matter :)

Other than that, nice work-around!

Jim

maybe instead of listing all the tools you DON'T have/use that would easily allow you to get this done, tell us what you DO have so maybe we can offer a solution.

OK... a degree in computer science, certified by MS and other network providers, 20 years as a unix/novell/ms network professional, trained (and certified/working until retirement) in criminal computer forensics.....none of which seems to be helping the issue. LOL :) I'm willing to email you the file to work your magic on, if you PM me an address...

Jim

Last edited:
Funny, I don't recall seeing you there. :)

Not surprised.....back in the day, most men were too busy looking at my (now ex) wife to see me. :) Not all in all a bad thing.... I'm still amazed how close they let us get to the runway back then!

Jim

Last edited:
I like the ELT going off in the background

Back