Fantastic footage!

I just showed a snippet to my wife. She said, "Thank you, Dave" (and she wasn't thanking me for showing the movie)
I said, "See, I live a very boring life" (she worries about the flying, the motorcycle, the skydiving fixation, the wild ideas of flying the Blue Spruce Route)

Let'sgoflying! said:
I just showed a snippet to my wife. She said, "Thank you, Dave" (and she wasn't thanking me for showing the movie)
I said, "See, I live a very boring life" (she worries about the flying, the motorcycle, the skydiving fixation, the wild ideas of flying the Blue Spruce Route)

I find it interesting that no matter how much off the deep end oddball stuff you do that makes everyone think you're screaming bonkers insane, you can almost always find someone else that makes you look like you're in a coma.

fgcason said:
screaming bonkers insane, you can almost always find someone else that makes you look like you're in a coma.

I think my all time favorite hero for being both crazy, and physically fit - is that guy who scales the side of a mountain's vertical rock face, with NO GEAR, and fast....anyone have that vid?

Let'sgoflying! said:
I think my all time favorite hero for being both crazy, and physically fit - is that guy who scales the side of a mountain's vertical rock face, with NO GEAR, and fast....anyone have that vid?

Mr 100FPM dude? Until someone more insane comes along, he wins the psycho award.
Self confidence is one thing but a little teeny amount of bird pee can easily send that guy to a very abrupt stop at the bottom.

I'll continue doing safe stuff..like standing on the edge of really high cliffs with nothing to hold onto.

Thats the one!
I still wake up at night with a small spasm, thinking about that. I can get over the idea of him being overconfident of his skills - but the thing that gets me is how can he be so certain that each sliver or edge of rock he trusts his life to is not going to crumble or snap off in his hands?

I had a friend like that guy. As fearless as he was capable. He was part of our mountain bike club and rock climbing club. It was instant death for any of us who tried to perform to his skill level. I lost track of him when he moved back to Germany. Knowing him he's probably still alive.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Thats the one!
I still wake up at night with a small spasm, thinking about that. I can get over the idea of him being overconfident of his skills
Dan Osman: He died November 23, 1998 at the age of 35 after his rope length was miscalculated carrying out a controlled free-fall jump from a rock pillar called Leaning Tower in Yosemite National Park.
OUCH!!

Over confidence usually catches up to you, especially at terminal velocity.

Last edited:
Back