False report from aircraft

Now, for the real POA discussion: what logical gymnastics can he use to avoid reporting this on his next medical? :D

This makes me wonder if there is not more to the story than meets the eye... Might the authorities be concerned that this could be a test of emergency resource distraction tactics? Hopefully not. Feel free to give me heck on that one.

I'm almost 100% positive he was flying to Bowling Green State University. Never heard of Bowling State University. I grew up in the town next to that idiot. Off subject OP, but do you know if Griffing shut down Sandusky's airport yet?

Didn't know they were shutting it down, that is a nice or was a nice airport. Has been 20 years since I have been there.

This makes me wonder if there is not more to the story than meets the eye... Might the authorities be concerned that this could be a test of emergency resource distraction tactics? Hopefully not. Feel free to give me heck on that one.
A red under every bed.

He must have been bored!!

There might be some truth to that.

The pilot is 21 years old. My observation has been that some young people consider being bored to be roughly on a par with losing a limb in terms of emotional impact; and indeed, "being bored" has been used as a justification for all manner of idiocy and, occasionally, criminality.

One would hope that a 21-year-old pilot would be an exception, but apparently not so much in this case.

-Rich

Didn't know they were shutting it down, that is a nice or was a nice airport. Has been 20 years since I have been there.

Suppose to happen soon. I had my first lesson there 10 years ago. They announced the closing last year. They are moving all operations to Port Clinton. I grew up a few streets from old man Griffing. His mailbox post was a propeller.

Actually it was Scott that posted it and edited it. I didn't catch the edit.

Your tinfoil hat seems to be working fine. :D

This also reads like a classic distraction scenario to me. I wonder what was really going on. But maybe we're giving the little crotchstain too much credit.

Last edited:
There might be some truth to that.

The pilot is 21 years old. My observation has been that some young people consider being bored to be roughly on a par with losing a limb in terms of emotional impact; and indeed, "being bored" has been used as a justification for all manner of idiocy and, occasionally, criminality.

One would hope that a 21-year-old pilot would be an exception, but apparently not so much in this case.

-Rich

In San Diego, years ago, a young woman, Brenda Spencer, shot up the school across the street from her house killing a teacher and a few kids. She said she did it because she was bored, and that she hated Mondays.

Personally, I think we must establish zero tolerance laws against young people being bored. When a young person claims that they are bored, the authorities, by law, should be notified immediately. The young person should be arrested and forced into a mental health program. We can not let this outrageous behavior continue. It costs lives and ties up valuable government resources.

I realize that all young people claim that they are bored at least once a day and that our mental health facilities would soon be overwhelmed, so what I think we must do is set up re-education camps in every county.

I'm not saying that every young person is a threat to our peaceful society, but like guns, they could be. In light of that, we must do all we can to prevent such crimes before they happen, irregardless of what our Constitution says.

Young people should be given the same serious considerations that we give to firearms, they are all dangerous, and in the wrong hands, could be a serious threat to us all.

Parents who ignore the warning flag of "I'm bored" must be the first thing we clamp down on. All parents should have full background checks done on them, along with taking a child rearing safety course, and be fully licensed before their child enters grade school.

Something must be done to stop the madness. We need good common sense solutions.

-John :D

Last edited:
In San Diego, years ago, a young woman, Brenda Spencer, shot up the school across the street from her house killing a teacher and a few kids. She said she did it because she was bored, and that she hated Mondays.

Personally, I think we must establish zero tolerance laws against young people being bored. When a young person claims that they are bored, the authorities, by law, should be notified immediately. The young person should be arrested and forced into a mental health program. We can not let this outrageous behavior continue. It costs lives and ties up valuable government resources.

I realize that all young people claim that they are bored at least once a day and that our mental health facilities would soon be overwhelmed, so what I think we must do is set up re-education camps in every county.

I'm not saying that every young person is a threat to our peaceful society, but like guns, they could be. In light of that, we must do all we can to prevent such crimes before they happen, irregardless of what our Constitution says.

Young people should be given the same serious considerations that we give to firearms, they are all dangerous, and in the wrong hands, could be a serious threat to us all.

Parents who ignore the warning flag of "I'm bored" must be the first thing we clamp down on. All parents should have full background checks done on them, along with taking a child rearing safety course, and be fully licensed before their child enters grade school.

Something must be done to stop the madness. We need good common sense solutions.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Was hoping to listen to the ATC feed but it's not available. KTOL is the closest one. Anyone in the Cleveland area want to volunteer to do the feed of ATC to liveatc.net?

You are an idiot.

-20 year old

Back