Fall Leaves in Mountains

write-stuff

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
write-stuff
Here's a quickie we shot a few days ago. Peak color is still a week away, but there are some pretty good colors in the upper elevations. Shot in the north Georgia mountains near the town of Helen.

Nice Russ. Used to live at 2300' just outside Blue Ridge, miss it especially this time of year.

I live at 6600 feet. I have one tree on the property that changes colors. All the others stay green all year.....:sigh::lol::lol:

Great video. I love flying in between the rocks instead of thousands of feet above them.

Nice work! I was out in Eastern Tennessee near Ocoee on Wednesday afternoon. Colors were nice but my iPhone didn’t pick it up too good.

Very nice! I love riding the Richard Russell Raceway.....er......Scenic Highway on the way to Helen, then stop in at the German restaurant along the creek.

A few of the shots on my return home.
Colors were more vibrant in person.
D4EF902A-60BD-4422-BAAA-8CB7B8DADA4A.jpeg
AF379749-443D-4CF0-9F13-2D0333D7E0FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Closer to, yes. One of those things that doesn’t capture well on the iPhone camera.
Yea, most of my phone pics from the air look like crap.

Southern Michigan, due to weather, got shortchanged on color this year. My camera is still waiting for better but I suspect winter shots will be next.

Southern Michigan, due to weather, got shortchanged on color this year. My camera is still waiting for better but I suspect winter shots will be next.
Ditto Vermont. We had a short season this year and the only flight I made during it was under the hood so I didn't get any pictures. Plus one great mid-late October hike up Mt. Hunger, but two days later, the trees were all bare from a strong wind/rainstorm.

Nice work!
o.png

Back