Fall Folliage 2011

Rob Schaffer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
Any Fall folliage updates in the NorthEast? I"m hoping to get out on the 22nd and make a flight to northern PA and hopefully see some good / average colors coming in. Any pics/updates would be great, wherever you are located, not just NE.

NE Ohio yesterday morning.

317491_10150327469593650_546033649_8159876_2455689_n.jpg

well, weather looks good for tomorrow here in PA, so I hope to get some decent photos between KLOM and KHZL / KZER / KRDG area.

Anyone have any more to share?

This is one of my double rainbow photos from the hills of West Virginia last weekend:

IMG_0240.jpg

The colors were pretty, but not as rich as I has expected... I have a scrapbooking friend who is a Photoshop wizzard... I think I will send this to her to pump up the color for me. I want to use this on one of my pages! :D

NE Ohio yesterday morning.

317491_10150327469593650_546033649_8159876_2455689_n.jpg

Here is my Ohio foliage photo from last Sunday... not the greatest color either AND I was getting slammed around a LOT trying to take photos (Newark/Frazeysburg area). But, I did get some photos of the Longaberger Home Office. :D

IMG_0329.jpg

I drove across PA on the turnpike last weekend

Poor guy. Especially the stretch between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg. That is why they invented, ahhh, airplanes.

This is one of my double rainbow photos from the hills of West Virginia last weekend:

IMG_0240.jpg

The colors were pretty, but not as rich as I has expected... I have a scrapbooking friend who is a Photoshop wizzard... I think I will send this to her to pump up the color for me. I want to use this on one of my pages! :D

Beautiful! +1

<---<^>--->

Poor guy. Especially the stretch between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg. That is why they invented, ahhh, airplanes.

Sometimes I think I've probably driven more miles in cars and trucks because of airplanes than I've flown in them...

The stretch between Harrisburg and the first tunnels is pretty dull. After that in the fall the mounatins can be pretty. It's rough in winter in an airplane or a car.

We managed to make our flight on Saturday and the colors were average. Not sure if we are past peak or early yet, but the air was smooth for my passengers and they had a great time.

Plan was KLOM - 1N7 - HZL - KZER - KLOM, but we ammended and cut out Blairstown and Hazelton due to the low clouds moving in. It was broken for a while, so we climbed up thru a large hole just north of the blue mountain and peaked around above, but seeing it was pretty tight looking ahead I S-turned and dropped back thru another opening to get below the deck. It was overcast by the time we got to Zerby, so a good choice I think. Otherwise, we would have had to turn south earlier and ran it out back to Wings were it was still a blue sky with puffy clouds.

Here's a few shots. More on my Picasa Page

Attachments

• DSCN0100.JPG
    DSCN0100.JPG
    328.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN0120.JPG
    DSCN0120.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN0151.JPG
    DSCN0151.JPG
    435.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0143.JPG