Fall Colors / Corn Maze - Post your Pics

Yesterday we had a great late afternoon flight - hoping to catch colorful foliage here in Maryland. We flew north along the Susquehanna River Valley, but the leaves were not yet quite "ripe." But I thought this photo did justice to the flight - with a patchwork quilt of farmland, trees and water.

susq-valley-patchwork-farms.jpg

This was shot from my Ercoupe at 2000' AGL and is already posted in my flying blog. It would have been a bit "sharper" if I had opened the canopy instead of shooting through the plexi.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just received via e-mail:

Attachments

• maze.jpg
    maze.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 51
This was shot from my Ercoupe at 2000' AGL and is already posted in my flying blog. It would have been a bit "sharper" if I had opened the canopy instead of shooting through the plexi.

It is still a beautiful picture, through the window or not!

Wow, lots of great photos here. Thanks for posting guys and gals!

Looks like MD/NJ/ South PA is starting to get better. Been a few cold days here and our first few good frosts. Hope the colors come around better before the leaves all fall.

Keep them coming:thumbsup:

Here are a few pictures from our recent visit to Rheinbeck, NY. We were about a week early for the colors. The wind and water were very calm and made for some interesting reflectios.

GG

Attachments

• IMG_8971.JPG
    IMG_8971.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8974.JPG
    IMG_8974.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8972.JPG
    IMG_8972.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8975.JPG
    IMG_8975.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8976.JPG
    IMG_8976.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8977.JPG
    IMG_8977.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8978.JPG
    IMG_8978.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Great shots! What kind of camera/setup are you using? I find it hard to get such clarity.

Last week, low and slow, north of the Adirondacks from Lake Placid to near Syracuse

IMG_9121.jpg

IMG_9142_edited-1.jpg

IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9145.jpg

IMG_9158.jpg

IMG_9259_edited-1.jpg

IMG_9262_edited-1.jpg

And one REALLY tall one whose leaves had already fallen off:

IMG_9210_edited-1.jpg

I've been on an extended trip and nothing so far has compared to the explosion of color I saw as I flew up the Hudson Valley to the St. Lawrence River.

YB

Here are a few Debbie took when we went up last weekend.

Attachments

• Fall-1108-Flying030.JPG
    Fall-1108-Flying030.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 10
  • Fall-1108-Flying031.JPG
    Fall-1108-Flying031.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • Fall-1108-Flying033.JPG
    Fall-1108-Flying033.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Fall-1108-Flying035.JPG
    Fall-1108-Flying035.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
rc30rider:

Thanks... I have a Canon S5 IS. It's not that expensive, a bit over $300 I think, but it has optical image stabilization that actually WORKS!! And a 12X zoom that lets you get good air to ground shots without being at crop duster levels:
IMG_9526_edited-1.jpg

I'm loving it.

YB

Great Pics Kevin! Thanks for sharing. Here in PA, looks like last weekend would have been really nice to catch the last of the peak colors. A lot of trees are dropping their leaves quickly now.

A few friends and I went to Duke University yesterday to take a few shots of the campus. These pictures above are a few of the shots I managed to capture.

A few friends and I went to Duke University yesterday to take a few shots of the campus. These pictures above are a few of the shots I managed to capture.

So tell me again... Why don't you do this for a living? :dunno:

Beautiful pics. :)

So tell me again... Why don't you do this for a living? :dunno:

Beautiful pics. :)

Thank you Kent.

I do a photo shoot for my nephews swim team every summer. It gives me a few dollars in my pocket. Not only that but the parents like my pictures better than the professional photographer they used to hire from some company and my prices are better as well.

Thank you Kent.

I do a photo shoot for my nephews swim team every summer. It gives me a few dollars in my pocket. Not only that but the parents like my pictures better than the professional photographer they used to hire from some company and my prices are better as well.

Well that doesn't answer the question at all, only makes it even more relevant. ;)

Another Corn Maze,...

This one is in Elmira/Corning New York, not far from the approach to either KELM or 7N1, as it is between them. I shot this photo as we headed towards 7N1 yesterday. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_6424.JPG
    IMG_6424.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 18
And, finally, what all those leaves are meant for...
DamonInLeaves4.jpg

Back